Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
kaiden99
New

Fed up of my hosting

Hey!

I am tired of contacting my hosting service providers but they are not responding, I hear from my best friend that Godaddy is the best hosting provider ever he is using it from long time now he suggest me to shift to Godaddy and now I want to know how i can change my hosting can you please help me out?

My Website is Ultimate Gaming Laptops.

Regards,

Kaiden.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ThePeach
New

I just went through this. It completely sucks when people you've paid to host your site don't respond, especially when you have technical problems keeping your business from running smoothly.

I had the same questions so I went to this page GoDaddy Help Center - Contact Us and started a chat.

from there I was told to call and someone walked me through the whole process. transferring the domain, making the necessary dns server (and other) necessary changes, and then making sure my site was up and running exactly the same way it looked from my previous hosting provider.

some things to be aware of. your current host may be providing things that you'll have to package together or find compatible replacements for. If you're using wordpress or other popular CMS platforms it shouldn't be a problem to get everything moved over.

Backup EVERYTHING. you should have the access you need to go ahead and backup all your site files but if they are also hosting your email, moving that over can get tricky. backup your contacts and any mail you will need to keep.

good luck!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ThePeach
New

I just went through this. It completely sucks when people you've paid to host your site don't respond, especially when you have technical problems keeping your business from running smoothly.

I had the same questions so I went to this page GoDaddy Help Center - Contact Us and started a chat.

from there I was told to call and someone walked me through the whole process. transferring the domain, making the necessary dns server (and other) necessary changes, and then making sure my site was up and running exactly the same way it looked from my previous hosting provider.

some things to be aware of. your current host may be providing things that you'll have to package together or find compatible replacements for. If you're using wordpress or other popular CMS platforms it shouldn't be a problem to get everything moved over.

Backup EVERYTHING. you should have the access you need to go ahead and backup all your site files but if they are also hosting your email, moving that over can get tricky. backup your contacts and any mail you will need to keep.

good luck!

View solution in original post