Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sahin
New

FileZilla error: "Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server"

I cannot succeed to connect either with FileZilla nor with FireFtp. Filezilla throws an error: "Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server"

I tried both with a the host name and with the ip number; checked Host / Username / Password / Port, all are correct as seen in plesk (except the password which is not shown).

Any idea?
BTW, while i try to change the password as a last resort, i always get a warning as "enter a valid password". I couldn't find any documentation about the validity criteria.

6 REPLIES 6
rd
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Simple solution, maybe @sahin? Sounds like you need to use SFTP? In the Site Manager change the Protocol drop down box from "FTP - File Transfer Protocol" to "SFTP - SSH File Transfer Protocol. I'm thinking that will get you connected? I hope that helps? Please come back and let us know if that got you connected?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

@rdthanks for the idea.

I will give it a try as soon as I find out where the "Site Manager" and the "Protocol drop down box" is located in my account panel 🙂

Please see my panel view attached.

Firefox_Screenshot_2020-06-12T07-58-29.819Z.png

rd
Super User I

I am sorry, I did not clarify that @sahin. I meant Site Manager inside of FileZilla. I get there by hitting CTRL + S (on Windows) or File > Site Manager... if you are a menu person. When you setup or edit a connection there is the ability to select these options.

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

Sorry but "SFTP - SSH File Transfer Protocol" didn't worked.

But I contacted an online godaddy expert who was very friendly and helpful. However we couldn't solve the problem either and he advised me to change my internet provider.

In short: dead-end.

Anyway, thank you for your efforts @rd , that was nice to feel the community support.

rd
Super User I

Sorry to hear that didn't get you going @sahin. I assume that you went through the whole tracert and everything else? Is this just with FileZilla or can you not connect at all?

The same with the FireFtp extension for Mozilla.