cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Godaddy Domain Redirecting to a wrong link & show File not found (404 error) page: Solved

Main folder of my website has a .htaccess file but I have another domain which used with a sub folder which didn't have  a .htaccess file.

When my traffic increased, my domain belongs to the sub folder started to show File not found (404 error) page so often. 

When I went to my website link, then it made a new broken link. Eg: When I click a link like this: [mywebsite].com then it made a link like this : [mywebsite].com/xyxsd and then showed a File not found (404 error) page.

I guess it happend because of an automatic Hotlink Protection of the server. And the server "Deny visitors by referrer" without .htaccess because the server noticed a surprising increase in traffic.

Finally, I could fix the error by including an empty .htaccess file in to my sub folder of the domain.

I hope my experience and solution will help someone else too.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Godaddy Domain Redirecting to a wrong link & show File not found (404 error) page: Solved

Hey @smadusanka,

Thanks for taking a moment to share this recent experience! Hopefully any other member encountering a similar issue finds this helpful. Smiley Happy

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
Solution

Re: Godaddy Domain Redirecting to a wrong link & show File not found (404 error) page: Solved

I sent the above information as a comment with my survay which godaddy requested to fill after trying to resolve that issue through a call as well. I don't know how the problem solved. But now the links of my external domain are working well. However, I think the error is gone.

404 not found error

Hi All,

I have just signed up for godaddy wordpress managed hosting.

I try to activate the page builder for each pages but all pages (except the homepage) keep telling me that these pages are not available and shown me the 404 error.

I do not what is the cause, please kindly assist me. Thank you.

Cheers

Kris