Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
louizo79
New

Godaddy's shared hosting plans needs some amendments

I new to Godaddy and for a start, I decided to purchase the Economy Linux Shared hosting plan which is destined for a basic website with low traffic. The price wasn't bad, but the hosting plan specs are away too unbalanced.

The allocated storage is great, but other specs like the RAM size is too small. With this hosting plan, I launched a website which is 4 months old now. But I constantly get downtimes for a website which is getting less than 500 views per day. What I was expecting is that at least for a basic site with a little traffic as less than 500 page views per day, this Economy hosting should be ok. But why this? Does it imply the Economy Linux hosting plan is not suited for a site with such low traffic?

What I will like to suggest is for the Godaddy Team to try to balance the different specs of their shared hosting. Like for say, reduce the allocated storage and increase shared CPU specs. And also, 100GB of storage to host just a single basic website is pretty small.

If the Godaddy Team could adjust the hosting plans in such a way the least could at least allow for the hosting of 2 websites and boost the CPU and RAM just a bit, it will be pretty cool even if it means reducing storage by 50%.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TLH

Hi @louizo79,

Welcome to the Community!

The Economy plan for GoDaddy cPanel hosting is intended for small personal websites. To host more websites, as you suggested, just requires a purchase/upgrade to the next tier - the Deluxe Plan. There's unlimited websites and storage and it allows for up to 25 databases. If you want to double the processing power, you can move up to the Ultimate Plan. As you can see in this link, there are a variety of options depending on your needs. And you can upgrade at any time when you need more speed and space. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at godaddy.com/help/contact-us

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TLH

Hi @louizo79,

Welcome to the Community!

The Economy plan for GoDaddy cPanel hosting is intended for small personal websites. To host more websites, as you suggested, just requires a purchase/upgrade to the next tier - the Deluxe Plan. There's unlimited websites and storage and it allows for up to 25 databases. If you want to double the processing power, you can move up to the Ultimate Plan. As you can see in this link, there are a variety of options depending on your needs. And you can upgrade at any time when you need more speed and space. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at godaddy.com/help/contact-us

View solution in original post