cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Hi Guys, I'm in need of your advise and maybe help with an godaddy issue.

On the 4th of July we’ve ordered an upgrade of our server.
Till now and after several messages through godaddy’s message system and several phone calls and several completion emails from godaddys support, our issues is still not solved.
We have it now over 120 hours (5 days) since our upgrade order.
On this particular server are running 73 domains with over 40 businesses and 110 databases an since the 4th of July our customers can’t receive emails and since 3 days the websites are reachable but all databases are disappeared.
But 3 days ago we’ve got from godaddy support the email that “Your migration is complete and your website/whm are resolving”.
Which is not true!
Then we complained with another and got another ticket number and yesterday we got the email "We have migrated all of your databases manually over to your account".
AGAIN, which is not true because no website is working and no databases are in the mysql admin!
And we again got a new ticket number after we have again called in and spoke on the phone over 2 hour to a support guy.
So each time we get told that with each ticket again 72 hours starting.
Today morning finally a backup file appeared in the root folder with all databases.
And we've got told that another ticket got opened and we have to wait again till 72 hours because the developer are on it.
But since then not one database was recreated on our server.
When we try to create the database of a particular website we get only the message that we can't do this because the database name already exists.
Again we've called support and ask that they maybe can ask the developer to erase the databases names from the system so that we can do the work with the databases on our own, and we got the answer this is not possible but we could open another ticket.
Yesterday we also ordered the "website backup" stem from godaddy and as we would have known it, the system have till now not backed up any files.
So we called again today after 18 hours just seeing "backup in progress" but no results, and we've got told that this wouldn't work because of the missing databases and we need to deactivate the including of databases in the backup.
The support guy did this for us and told us that now everything should work.
AND AGAIN, NOT TRUE.
So we've called again in after 7 hours and got told the support opened another ticket for the backup issue.
And so on and so on.
Till now nothing is sorted out, 73 websites are not running, 110 databases are still missing on our server, 40 clients are running our doors in and threaten us to sue us, backups are also not working and we are sitting now on 5 different tickets, and no solution in near sight.
Till now we’ve invested several hundreds of dollars for phone calls to godaddy support and not to mention our fall out costs and the fall out costs of our clients who cannot complete their businesses since 6 days.
We are running websites and domains for lawyers, hospitals and smaller companies who are depending, especially in this covid-19 time, on their websites and emails and online correspondence and online businesses.
Till now there is a tremendous amount of money lost and all based of the incompetence of the godaddy support.
It just started with that our cpanel access was not working and now all hell broke loose after the first support guy recommended that we should upgrade this particular server.
Till now we spoke on the phone to Jasmine, Mitchell, Donald, Marshawn, Jacob, Julian, Mario, Jonathan, David and Kyle and all from hosting support and no one could really help us.
We spoke to several others through the message system on the godaddy website and also here NADA.
Since 2 days we are also trying to get any supervisor contact but also this got denied and we got answers from "they can also not shorten the waiting period for the ticket" or like "what do you think they can do?" and other answers.

Maybe someone have some answer for us?
I know that you guys are not godaddy support and that you have no access to godaddy internal, but maybe someone can give some advise.

PLEASE
Thank you 
Frank

Frank
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Hello and welcome @mobilenet, that was a lot. Let me first just say I do not speak on behalf of GoDaddy. My words and my actions are my own. I think GoDaddy does a tremendous job with this Community, allowing opinions to be documented. I appreciate GoDaddy for their Community and customer efforts.

I don't know what plan you are on @mobilenet but you have outgrown it! I personally would not put that many clients on one server which I did not fully control. I typically keep my dedicated servers 35% to 50% of capacity. Again, I don't know what resources you are using but those seem high numbers of clients on one server? Am I to undrstand that there is one server that does both website and email?

I have been in a situation with my business much like you like you find yourself in now. The most important thing you can do for the customers you are responsible for is be responsible. I can tell you that being responsible is made more difficult if what you can do is limited. 

In your current situation all you can really do is apologise, hurry up and wait. In the future I would sugget a more hands on approach to servicing and managing your customers. I am sure that eventually your issue will be resolved, I find GoDaddy great with that kind of thing. The issue as I see it is a customer one (as in your customers).

Please come back and let us know your final results. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Hello and welcome @mobilenet, that was a lot. Let me first just say I do not speak on behalf of GoDaddy. My words and my actions are my own. I think GoDaddy does a tremendous job with this Community, allowing opinions to be documented. I appreciate GoDaddy for their Community and customer efforts.

I don't know what plan you are on @mobilenet but you have outgrown it! I personally would not put that many clients on one server which I did not fully control. I typically keep my dedicated servers 35% to 50% of capacity. Again, I don't know what resources you are using but those seem high numbers of clients on one server? Am I to undrstand that there is one server that does both website and email?

I have been in a situation with my business much like you like you find yourself in now. The most important thing you can do for the customers you are responsible for is be responsible. I can tell you that being responsible is made more difficult if what you can do is limited. 

In your current situation all you can really do is apologise, hurry up and wait. In the future I would sugget a more hands on approach to servicing and managing your customers. I am sure that eventually your issue will be resolved, I find GoDaddy great with that kind of thing. The issue as I see it is a customer one (as in your customers).

Please come back and let us know your final results. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post