cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Hope godaddy virtual machine supports sg11 decryption component

Good administrator! Now many mainstream website system templates and plug-ins are encrypted with sg11. If the host does not support it, it can't be used, including wordpress. Now many excellent themes use this encryption method. The host must support the sg11 component. Of course, this is not my personal customization. Function, this should be regarded as the basic function of the host. Now many virtual hosts have been supported, but I still have not enabled this function after contacting godaddy customer service, which leads to the website being unusable. I believe many users are distressing this problem, as the old godaddy user, really I hope that php can support sg11 decryption components, this will also be a big selling point for web hosting, forget to adopt, thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Hope godaddy virtual machine supports sg11 decryption component

@leoboy 

Can you provide some more information / links about this sg11 encryption you are referring to in your post.

I personally have never heard of this and you mention that you are seeing WordPress Themes / Plugins encrypted - which I find odd as most of the plugins / themes (even paid ones) are set that you can see the source code as with the open source community.

I (and I'm sure others) would be interest to know / learn more about this. I googled for SG11 encryption / decryption and some variants and couldn't find any articles or references about this.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

New

Thank you for your reply, sg11 encryption is the new encryption method for confusing protection code. I am a Chinese user. This encryption method is more and more popular in China. , php5.6 has been supported since then, the installation is also very simple, there is relevant information here。https://www.sourceguardian.com/(This is the official website)

https://cloud.tencent.com/developer/article/1373985(This is the installation method, but it is Chinese, I hope you can understand it.Smiley Happy

New

I contacted the customer service in China. They can understand, but they don't have the right to operate. They can only give feedback. But after a few days, it seems that they have not been adopted. The websites of several hosts are not working properly. Taiwan godaddy VPS, but other needs the support of this component, more distressed, and more anxious

Super User III
Super User III

@leoboy 

Thank you for the additional information

1) I'm thinking that this would require a VPS vs a cPanel server where you can then install the additional software

2) GoDaddy has Gen4 VPS which have CentOS7 - which you may also need - I'm not sure.

I would not expect many (if any) cPanel servers to include this - similar to Zend Encoder - I would expect that you would need a VPS and I wouldn't expect the host to include it as this is a software package with licensing restrictions - 

In terms of your question would the VPS support it - I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to install this on your own.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

New

Vps can install this component myself, and can be used, but my other sites will not be able to use, VPS can be economically impossible, I have seen a lot of virtual hosts have installed this component for users Open, so I will contact you, maybe I can accept this opinion.

Highlighted
New

1212.png

Using the wordpress theme like this      (http://news.sinacloud.com/yun-xu-ni-zhu-ji-zhi-chi-sg11kuo-zhan/)I think our godaddy should also support it.