Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
JohnEarly
New

How to add secondary domains under one deluxe Linux hosting

I own one deluxe hosting account on Godaddy. I am trying to add another domain I own at Godaddy under that hosting account. I contacted Godaddy and asked for help setting the new domain up under my hosting account so I could access it via Filezilla. Support told me several days ago, they would set it up and to give it 24-48 hours to take effect. Well, I cannot access it. Their support wait times are horrendous today (no help yet) and I've scoured the web for how to do it myself. All to no avail.

I read multiple articles on how to do this but they all seem out of date. Most refer to accessing my cpanel admin by clicking the Manage tab under hosting.

Well, this morning it brought up my hosting dashboard but there was no mentioned Cpanel admin tab or button to create an add-on domain for. this hosting account. Now, when I click on "Manage" or "Manage All" button under Hosting on Godady.com I get a 404 error! What the heck! I am finding Godaddy tech support and their quality of service has gone downhill quite a lot! I used t be a happy customer, but no longer.

Could someone please help me get this second domain set up under my Deluxe hosting account so I can upload files to it for my client? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @JohnEarly. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I'm definitely sorry to hear you had a difficult time with our Customer Care team and that you're considering moving to another provider. I will make sure your support experiences are reviewed internally. 

As for the issue you're having with the GoDaddy website, if you have an older hosting plan, it will not appear under Hosting/Manage All. This is in part because these plans will soon be retired (your account will be migrated as seamlessly as possible). However, you should still be able to manage the plan by clicking "Manage" next to your specific account instead of Manage All. We apologize for any inconvenience there as well. For full instructions on how to use a Web Hosting account, you can see this manual

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PL281
Super User IV

@JohnEarly 

Do you have Deluxe Linux Hosting or Hosting with cPanel - these are 2 different things 

The first is GoDaddy's older hosting platform with their own in house Control Panel

The second is the newer servers running cPanel 

If you have the older platform - I'm not sure if you are still able to add domains to those plans

If you are on the newer platform you should be able to go into cPanel and select domains and have the system create a new folder /etc

If you have issues getting to cPanel I suggest trying a private browsing window - this is something that should about 5 minutes to do / complete

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

I wondered if this was the case. The horribly sad thing is that none of the three tech support people I've chatted online with for hours this past week knew. this nor told me. Nor could they fix my issues. I'm done with Godaddy. Their website has ben acting really weird lately. Yesterday when I clicked on Hosting/Manage All/, I saw the word Cpanel flash on the scren ten took me to a screen with just the words MY Account on it. I click on that it opened my hosting dashboard. Then when I tried the same thing a few minutes later, I got a 404 error. Then 10 minutes later it worked as originally. Odd site behavior on Godaddy.com has been happening for me for a while now. Things don't load or work, so tech support says I must open an Incognito window, etc. But to top things off they still haven't helped me be able to access my second domain via ftp. They've promised three times it would work, but in the end it doesn't. I had similar issues with an SSL cert with them and that is still not fixed either. Spent three hours waiting to get chat help yesterday...was passed from one person to another then eventually got disconnected with no solution. Since I need to post a website for a client, late last night I opened an account with Bluehost and a new domain. I again had issues connecting via Filezilla and SSL cert issues so I went on their chat support. Their support was totally knowledgeable and had those issues fixed and had me up and running within an hour! Now THAT is good customer service. Even though I am a Godaddy customer since 2006 I will be switching ALL my 20+ domains to Bluehost when time permits. Godaddy sucks!

JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @JohnEarly. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I'm definitely sorry to hear you had a difficult time with our Customer Care team and that you're considering moving to another provider. I will make sure your support experiences are reviewed internally. 

As for the issue you're having with the GoDaddy website, if you have an older hosting plan, it will not appear under Hosting/Manage All. This is in part because these plans will soon be retired (your account will be migrated as seamlessly as possible). However, you should still be able to manage the plan by clicking "Manage" next to your specific account instead of Manage All. We apologize for any inconvenience there as well. For full instructions on how to use a Web Hosting account, you can see this manual

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.

View solution in original post