cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

How to upload python file with web host

Hello, I create a website connected with python code. I tested the website in the localhost and it worked successfully and the code of the python executed successfully.

Now I want to upload this website to the web host. The website worked successfully and it connected successfully with the database, but the problem is that the python code does not execute. 

I there any ideas to help me to execute the python code connected with the website? 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: How to upload python file with web host

Hi @SanaaAbd. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! My first thought would be that maybe you're using a different version of Python. Our Linux servers have Python. 2.6.6. If that's not it, you can take a look at this article for tips on other issues that might occur. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Hello, thanks for you replying it was very useful but how can I change the version of the python ??

‏‫من الـ iPhone الخاص بي‬

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

@SanaaAbd - You wouldn't be able to change the version of Python on a Shared Hosting server. If you need a different version, then you'd need to consider another hosting service or perhaps a VPS so you can manage software versions. Sorry Man Sad

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.