Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
J2G
New

I can't validate Certificate due to dns update

Hi, I added new dns' in godaddy a couple of days ago, but I still don't see the Certificate issued (on AWS), how can I verify my domain has its dns up to date?

Also I visited this link (from another thread) and my dns's are there
dcc.godaddy.com/manage/YOURDOMAIN.COM/dns

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PL281
Super User IV

@J2G 

Ok  - while not the answer you're looking for - you are going to have to search for this on an Amazon support group.

I know that S3 supports "hosting" of sites - however I've never tried it - I'm not sure if you need to do something via Route53 (Amazon DNS) or how you map the domain to the S3 Bucket - any sort of certificate validation would happen via Amazon - the only thing you'd have to do in the GoDaddy DNS is set the @ record or CNAME accordingly to resolve to Amazon

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PL281
Super User IV

@J2G 

As long as the @ record is pointed to the AWS IP it should validate

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Hi @PL281 , thank you for your quick response, the fact is that I don't have an IP in amazon, I created an s3 bucket to have it as static website. Am I missing something maybe?

Thanks in advance.

PL281
Super User IV

@J2G 

Ok  - while not the answer you're looking for - you are going to have to search for this on an Amazon support group.

I know that S3 supports "hosting" of sites - however I've never tried it - I'm not sure if you need to do something via Route53 (Amazon DNS) or how you map the domain to the S3 Bucket - any sort of certificate validation would happen via Amazon - the only thing you'd have to do in the GoDaddy DNS is set the @ record or CNAME accordingly to resolve to Amazon

View solution in original post

Thanks for your support @PL281 the problem was on aws.