cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

IP Address change

Both of our websites were down for 3 days and it narrowed down to an ip address change out of the blue. 

Of course, I didn't know it. No one told me. I just could not login to my wordpress wp-login.php. 

We're a radio station and ftp song info to our website. Of course that quit working because it was using the old ip address...not the new one that just showed up. Trying to upload to a bad address locked up the on-air computer 3 times...once at 1230am, which woke me up to tell me we're off the air.

How does this ip change happen?

Why does it happen?

PS...I don't want it happening anymore without some sort of notification!

1 REPLY 1
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: IP Address change

@timswanson 

This is actually a pretty typical thing that happens on shared hosting. If this directly impacts your business, I would suggest moving to the low end Business hosting plan. That is a static IP assigned specifically to your server instance. 

The reason I suggest this is moving to Business hosting was so worth it for me. No more shared hosting issues at all. It does cost a bit more but it is definitely worth the money.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community