cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

If GoDaddy can only give me a .US domain, how will this affect my site?

It’ll tell Google that you’re in the US. It’s been speculated by some that using various types of TLDs will affect your rankings, however Google claims that this has no affect on search. Google just says that a .US will send them signals that you’re in the US.If You Register .com Then I think Not Affect Your Website. Mainly Users Purchase Domain Like Mobileapp Or Webapplication

IMPORTANT: When you register a .US domain name you will not be allowed to keep your registration information private. That means that people can look you up, call you or even send you mail. If your website shows up highly in Google for a popular search phrase, this could mean that you’ll receive a ton of spam calls.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: If GoDaddy can only give me a .US domain, how will this affect my site?

@Education001 

Good tips. With most CCTLDs, you're not going to be able to hide your information due to restrictions from the country they're from. 

It should be noted that SEO, however, relies more on principles like keywords, regularly updated content, and reliability of said content. It really doesn't matter a whole lot what the TLD is at the end of the domain name. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community