cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Is this deal legit?

I clicked on a link on a youtube video that gives a special deal for GoDaddy hosting (basic with 1 euro a month). I get an entire year + free domain for 12 euros. Is this legit, since every time I refresh, the price goes back to normal, I'm scared it will take away more money from my card. Also, it says that the domain renews at 40 euros a year, if I cancel before a year passes, it won't charge me right? (does this count for the hosting as well?)Annotation 2020-07-18 013457.jpg

This is the URL: https://uk.godaddy.com/offers/wordpress-hosting?rp_affiliates=affiliates&isc=cjcwph1&AID=10696523&SI...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User 2020 Super User 2020
Super User 2020

I don't know every deal that GoDaddy offers @PoveziSe so I can't speak to the legitimacy of this or any offer. What I will say is please use sensible practices when online.

• Avoid questionable websites
  • Only download software from sites you trust
  • Update your operating system regularly
  • Increase your browser security settings
  • Type in a trusted URL for a company's site into the address bar of your browser to bypass links in an email or instant message.
  • Make sure that you have the security software  products installed on your devices:

If you need some clarification please contact support via chat or phone. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User 2020 Super User 2020
Super User 2020

I don't know every deal that GoDaddy offers @PoveziSe so I can't speak to the legitimacy of this or any offer. What I will say is please use sensible practices when online.

• Avoid questionable websites
  • Only download software from sites you trust
  • Update your operating system regularly
  • Increase your browser security settings
  • Type in a trusted URL for a company's site into the address bar of your browser to bypass links in an email or instant message.
  • Make sure that you have the security software  products installed on your devices:

If you need some clarification please contact support via chat or phone. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post