cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Let’s Encrypt Certificate with Web - Ultimate Secure - Linux

Hi,

1) Can I  install a Let’s Encrypt Certificate on my Ultimate Secure - Linux hosting account ?

2) I believe I need ssh enabled to do so ref : https://ie.godaddy.com/help/install-a-lets-encrypt-ssl-apache-20245 , is this correct ?

3) When I try to enable ssh , I receive this " Your account contains Old Value Applications. You will have to remove these applications before enabling SSH." What are these Old value Applications ?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Helper V
Helper V
Solution

Re: Let’s Encrypt Certificate with Web - Ultimate Secure - Linux

Godaddy allows 3rd party SSL, but I suggest don't use 3rd party SSL on Godaddy Hosting. Even if you want you will need to contact Godaddy via Phone, as they will guide you on installation.

Please give +1 or mark it "Accepted Solution" if you're satisfied with my help

Please give it a +1 and also click "Mark As Accepted Solution" if you find it satisfactory. Thanking You With Regards | Harry Parmar

Ok Thanks 

New

I suggest don't use 3rd party SSL on Godaddy Hosting.

Why do you not suggest using 3rd party SSL on GoDaddy hosting?

because it messes with their commission checks. I use lets encrypt on my hosts (i just manage this one) and they work great. They have an automated certbot program that you shouldn't need to call in for "guidance".  i did it when i was clueless to command line in a matter of minutes. just google it. 

The certbot will check to make sure your certificates are valid 2x per day and in the event that you have an expired cert, it automatically reissues a new one. Purchasing them is always a good idea if you have a site that has a higher potential of getting hacked. But then i would suggest at least getting one that has a brand name everyone knows and trusts as a leader in the security industry. Probably not the web hosting industry.