cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Linux Deluxe Hosting appears to be very slow.

So about 1-2 years ago a GoDaddy sales rep convinced me to switch to Deluxe Linux Hosting, and in regards to features, it's been amazing. For the most part very easy to install new sites, etc. BUT, the bad thing is even on basic 3-4 page sites that contain a few images, or even just text, its painfully slow to load.

When I spoke with customer service they say that's normal because of the package I'm on, but I find it difficult when there's literally a landing page. For instance, one of my sites wayoutwestmultimedia.com took 17 seconds to load. theres a logo and some text. Thats it. 

I'd even pay more to ensure my sites load quickly. I also have sites hosted on other companies with the same wordpress theme, and even more content that loads much quicker.

I just want a solution that my clients are barking at me "why's my site take so long to load?" Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Linux Deluxe Hosting appears to be very slow.

@wayoutwest 

cPanel servers are economical but..... in the spectrum of hosting platforms they are the lowest end servers. For the right site / client it can work well.

GTMetrix is one of the "industry" standards you can also look at Pingdom.com  - When I went to the site itself it took about 3 seconds to load in Chrome - I have a 200Mbps cable connection.

One option is to use CloudFlare (free) which is DNS / Caching so that sits in front of the GoDaddy server and helps to "offload" some of the traffic thereby freeing up resources.

I can tell you had at one point (before I knew better) had 40 WordPress Brochure sites (each one with about 5 pages) on a cPanel server maxed out with Resources allowed  - PHP memory set to 512MB.... etc, etc.... and they worked ok..... until they didn't and there wasn't any one reason - other than perhaps other accounts on that server were getting higher traffic as well.

One other thing to look at (other than the PHP memory config in cPanel) is to make sure you are running PHP 7.x as that can help speed up the site as well. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@wayoutwest 

So a couple of things

1) https://gtmetrix.com/reports/wayoutwestmultimedia.com/p8VbBBTS site is loading in 2.6s - that's pretty good.

2) Keep in mind a cPanel server is shared meaning that if some other account on the same server is having an issue it can affect your site

3) Personally I recommend only one site per cPanel server - while it does support multiple sites - besides for performance issues if one site ever became compromised your entire account is compromised as all the sites are in the same "sandbox"

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Highlighted

Interesting. The whole point I signed up for this particular hosting package is I told the sales rep I had about 5 sites that I hosted through godaddy, and he highly suggested just getting the deluxe linux hosting to consolidate the sites and keep costs down.

I also wonder how accurate gtmetrix is.  I opened safari and typed in my domain and it still took about 10-12 seconds to load, and I'm running full fiber optic at my office.  Just trying to determine if its something I need to upgrade with my hosting, or improve on with my wordpress sites.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@wayoutwest 

cPanel servers are economical but..... in the spectrum of hosting platforms they are the lowest end servers. For the right site / client it can work well.

GTMetrix is one of the "industry" standards you can also look at Pingdom.com  - When I went to the site itself it took about 3 seconds to load in Chrome - I have a 200Mbps cable connection.

One option is to use CloudFlare (free) which is DNS / Caching so that sits in front of the GoDaddy server and helps to "offload" some of the traffic thereby freeing up resources.

I can tell you had at one point (before I knew better) had 40 WordPress Brochure sites (each one with about 5 pages) on a cPanel server maxed out with Resources allowed  - PHP memory set to 512MB.... etc, etc.... and they worked ok..... until they didn't and there wasn't any one reason - other than perhaps other accounts on that server were getting higher traffic as well.

One other thing to look at (other than the PHP memory config in cPanel) is to make sure you are running PHP 7.x as that can help speed up the site as well. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks for the insight.  I'll try implementing those as well as see what other options customer support may offer.