cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Lost Website Control

I'm not a techie and I have managed to muck this up somehow.

I own a website. The hosting was moved to AWS. That was costing me too much and because I couldn't work out how to reduce my outgoings I opted to close my account with AWS.

Now I cant access the cpanel or the dashboard.

I've been emailing aws-marketplace-email@amazon.com but they won't reply.

Please tell me what I can do.

Rosemary

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: Lost Website Control

@rosemary1803

When you cancel service with any web host, you cancel access.  Smiley Sad 

I would contact your old host and ask them if they can reinstate your account and files.  If they can that will give you the time and opportunity to migrate all that over to a new host.

If your website files are on GoDaddy, you'll have to reinstate the default GoDaddy nameservers for your hosting on this side.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
"Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Highlighted

Re: Lost Website Control

@Muse wrote:

@rosemary1803

When you cancel service with any web host, you cancel access.  Smiley Sad 

I would contact your old host and ask them if they can reinstate your account and files.  If they can that will give you the time and opportunity to migrate all that over to a new host.

If your website files are on GoDaddy, you'll have to reinstate the default GoDaddy nameservers for your hosting on this side.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Thanks Muse. I like this idea, which I'll pursue if my current 'iron in the fire' doesn't work (I've opened a new account at AWS and asked for help that way).

I have all my other sites with my old host, so hopefully, that will incentivise them to help.

Much appreciated Muse.

Cheers

Rosemary