cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Muse contact form shows error upon submit, even though it works properly

My contact form suddenly began showing an error after the "submit" button is clicked.... "The Server Encountered an Error." But the form works fine; I receive the form info in my email inbox every time. How can I get it to stop giving the error message?

8 REPLIES 8
New

Re: Muse contact form shows error upon submit, even though it works properly

Also, when I update my site (Muse), I receive the error located here: https://uk.godaddy.com/community/cPanel-Hosting/I-messed-up-my-PHP-files-somehow/td-p/119679

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @kbush. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! I'm not sure what would be causing the error to happen. If you believe it's related to PHP, then you may want to try the suggestions in this article for logging PHP errors. If you know what the error details are, that may help you resolve the issue. Hope that helps.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

This is the notification I receive when I'm uploading (other) changes to my site:

Screenshot 2018-12-29 07.36.14.png

And this is what happens when sending an email through the contact form, although the message DOES go through properly:

Screenshot 2018-12-29 07.38.42.png

Community Manager
Community Manager

@kbush. Did you get a chance to take a look at what errors are being logged? That would probably be the best source of information to identify the root cause of the problem. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

Yes, I tried following the instructions at the link you provided but was unable to locate the files it referenced so I couldn't do it.
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kbush Looks like you're on an older "Web Hosting" account, so you'd probably want to use a php56.ini file. If you don't already have one, you should just be able to create it with the File Manager or upload it via FTP. You can also try enabling error logging for the account, but I'm not sure it would pick up these errors. 

New

I added a php56.ini file. My root directory is \ so I didn't put it in any folder. I still got the error message using the contact form. Am I supposed to do something with the file?
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kbush. To clarify, you do have to specify the absolute path to your root directory in the code. If the file is scripted properly, it should put PHP errors into the log file you specify. Check the error log file to see if it contains any information. If it does, that should help you figure out what is causing the error. 

Alternatively, you can try adding code to the PHP file you're using to have it print more details. I found a blog post about that here.