cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

My IP is listed on the spamhaus blocklist and GoDaddy refuse to solve the issue

I've been in contact with GoDaddy support 3 times over this issue and they don't seem to understand what I'm talking about. Does anybody know how to explain so that I can get this issue solved?

So I've been having problems with emails not reaching customers and did some research into it. Turns out my IP  is blocked on Spamhause and I get referred to a page that says:

"This IP address was detected and listed 10 times in the past 28 days, and 6 times in the past 24 hours. The most recent detection was at Mon Aug 19 17:25:00 2019 UTC +/- 5 minutes"

"If izzah.in does not belong to you, you should contact your hoster to get this issue resolved.They first have to remove the infection, then do the DBL removal. Then the IP address can be removed here."

Since this website doesn't belong to me but I guess share the same server I contacted support... but either they don't understand or I get empty promises that it should be fixed "within 24h".  It's been weeks and the IP is still on the block list.

1 REPLY 1
Super User III
Super User III

Re: My IP is listed on the spamhaus blocklist and GoDaddy refuse to solve the issue

@Viking12 

It's pretty standard across that board that using cPanel or SMTP email is extremely problematic on shared servers. I would suggest upgrading to something with a dedicated IP address or a VPS/Dedicated server.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community