cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

My Website is down

Having the same problem as you sunshine, for over a week now. Called support twice to no avail. I use Dreamweaver MX and FileZilla. Can not connect to server. Was told google flagged me site for not having ssl, but still should see my site, other people do, have cleared cache on browser. I do not think the issue is on my end, I think the godaddy server is down and they need to get it up and running ASAP. This is making me think of changing hosting company. Very frustrating to say the least. I have a html site not a word press. Have been doing sites for over 20 years and this is really a bummer. 

Hold Fast
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution

Re: My Website is down

Thank you for all your help. I figured it out. A windows update changed my network adapter device. Had to delete wi-Fi connection and add it back using my Realtek network adapter. Comcast was useless, did not know what an Ethernet card was. They did reboot my modem, ahem like I haven’t done that several times.
Thanks again,

Nell McLeod DeCoursey
Hold Fast
Hold Fast

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@Highlander51 

I moved your post to a new thread. 

I see that you say you have a HTML site. What type of server do you have - is it cPanel or Legacy Unix.

The SSL issue on Google is just on Mobile - and it would be lower down.

What is your domain name?

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Highlighted

My website is hickorycreekjax.com it is an html site with C panel hosting. Thanks for any help you can offer.
Hold Fast
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@bergdesign 

1) I'm in Florida and do a couple of HOA sites so I can answer any questions you might have.... You may want to consider moving to WordPress as I suspect the state of florida will require HOAs to have the password protected sections as well like Condos in the next few years

Good News you are already doing most of the requirements just in a public view

2) I'm able to get to the site / cPanel login without issue

3) Are you getting any specific error when trying to FTP into the server

The site is definitely up running I would try pinging it  and also try a private window. One other thing is to try from a different location or on your phone (mobile not wifi)

Assuming you are on Xfinity - it is possible (although not likely) that your IP address got blocked - are you running any sort of scripts / blockers on the site / server

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Highlighted

Hello. No scripts just simple info for the HOA. I still cannot get through. I have run pings and trace ty and getting server timed out errors. Gave more time to my ftp program, increased it to 90 seconds. Godaddy said it should resolve itself soon. That it has not done. Just because google may have flag your site for no ssl they cannot stop ppl from going there. I will be making more calls tomorrow both to Xfinity and godaddy. StTe of Fl has not issued any requirements on websites that I am aware of. I do not put certain info on the site but the homeowners normally go there for documents. Thinking about shutting the site down and just using Facebook for them to get the needed docs. Older residents do not go to the site and it’s mainly Board members or Committee members looking for a copy of the governing docs. So my friend, that is where I still stand. I use Dreamweaver MX and have for 15 years do not really want to transfer to Word Press, checked it out and found it lacking compared what you can do with Photoshop CS and Dreamweaver. Appreciate you help if you think of something else. Nell
Hold Fast
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@Highlander51 

This sounds like it is something with your IP address - 

Please log into GoDaddy and go to your dashboard for the cpanel account and then manage the cPanel account. Once into cPanel search for IP Blocker and see if your IP is listed

I'm not sure if you will be able to get to the cPanel if you IP is listed - if you can't you may have to connect via another connection (like the xfinity public wifi) so you grab a different IP address and then check / remove your home IP address

In regards to the State - they are requiring condo associations with 150 units or more to have a website with a password protected section and are stipulating what documents must be posted. As of right now this is specific to Condos - not HOA (it's in statue 718 vs 720)  

Highlighted
Solution

Thank you for all your help. I figured it out. A windows update changed my network adapter device. Had to delete wi-Fi connection and add it back using my Realtek network adapter. Comcast was useless, did not know what an Ethernet card was. They did reboot my modem, ahem like I haven’t done that several times.
Thanks again,

Nell McLeod DeCoursey
Hold Fast
Hold Fast

View solution in original post