cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Operation could destabilize the runtime.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Operation could destabilize the runtime.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Security.VerificationException: Operation could destabilize the runtime.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[VerificationException: Operation could destabilize the runtime.]
   System.Diagnostics.Activity.GetRandomNumber() +6
   System.Diagnostics.Activity..cctor() +24

[TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'System.Diagnostics.Activity' threw an exception.]
   System.Diagnostics.Activity.get_Current() +14
   Microsoft.ApplicationInsights.Web.<>c.<get_IsEnabled>b__5_0(String name, Object activityObj, Object _) +60
   System.Diagnostics.DiagnosticListener.IsEnabled(String name, Object arg1, Object arg2) +38
   Microsoft.AspNet.TelemetryCorrelation.ActivityHelper.StartAspNetActivity(Activity activity) +37
   Microsoft.AspNet.TelemetryCorrelation.ActivityHelper.CreateRootActivity(HttpContext context) +163
   Microsoft.AspNet.TelemetryCorrelation.TelemetryCorrelationHttpModule.Application_BeginRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) +93
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +141
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step) +48
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +71

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.7.3062.0

This is a simple Hello World WebApi project. I have also tried .net MVC. I have tried different variations with .Net Framework but no luck. I have called the support and talked to them 30+ minutes and came to realization that it was a mistake buy this hosting. No Knowledge, no technicality at all. They couldn't even tell me where to go.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Operation could destabilize the runtime.

Hi, I have exactly the same problem as you, did you ever get it fixed?  Thanks

Re: Operation could destabilize the runtime.

1. Go to asp.Net Settings

2. Code access security

3. Apply - CAS trust level as FULL

4. Click on OK

5. Now Check its working.