cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovering website

Firstly i am a novice at all of this.  I started building a website using a wordpress template and uploaded this to godaddy where it is hosted.  I lost my pc and now need advice on how i retrieve/copy the files from godaddy to my pc and which ones i need

thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Recovering website

ok i think i need to down load the wp content folder.  this seems straight forward, compress and download.  

Employee
Employee

Re: Recovering website

Hello @chadbukl. Since a fresh WordPress install would already include core files, you'd only need to download the wp-content folder and also export the MySQL database (https://www.godaddy.com/help/export-mysql-databases-1487). You'd then have the customized content and can overwrite those to a new installation for your site to display online.

Naterx - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
New

Accidentaly Deleted Wordpress Web Hosted While I Wanted to Delink Domain Name

Since I've been recycling my domain name for another website, I couldn't access my GoDaddy hosted website (Wordpress) and tried to "Delete" domain name from the manage hosted website to "delink" but realise that the whole website has been deleted by accident....

Any chance I could get access to the Wordpress Content, especially the posts, or the latest back-up?

Thanks! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Accidentaly Deleted Wordpress Web Hosted While I Wanted to Delink Domain Name

@LarryV 

Ooops! You would be best phoning support asp! If they can't help, nobody can. 

"Backups are boring, but data loss is sickening"

Good luck!