cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Reseller Branded Domain - cName OK / Question about root domain

Reseller for Godaddy and we have updated our cName for www 

What about the root domain, such as if someone does not put in www.paragonhost.net 

And only puts in paragonhost.net

Is there an IP address we can point to?

* Also we need to secure www.paragonhost.net , we know the order pages route to a secure domain but we need the front end secure / we are part of other branded resellers for which can do this we hope godaddy provides this as well. 

Thanks! 

Dave / ParagonHost.net 

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Reseller Branded Domain - cName OK / Question about root domain

@netology 

It looks as if the WWW. is also secured to me. Here's a screenshot:

Screen Shot 2019-07-13 at 1.47.51 PM.png

As you can see, it looks as if your domain is fully secure on my end. SSL Checker also agrees that your site is fully secure. Check this link

Based on what I'm seeing, you're good to go if you want to use the pre-built storefront. Everything looks as if it's working exactly as intended.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Super User III Super User III
Super User III
Solution

It is generally recommended to put the turn-key store on a subdomain, like store.yourdomain.com, so you can build your own site on the main domain using the included Web Hosting or WordPress credit.

Got it / yes I do see that www.paragonhost.net / sorry I needed to wait for propagation Smiley Wink 

The other part of the question is that we created a cName but what about the (A) record for paragonhost.net for those whom "do not" put in www

Currently, it routes to our old site. 

PS. We may just build out our own instance of WordPress, and use the Reseller API for which the above would be resolved but till then, thought I would ask. 

Thanks!

Dave

Thanks, @Nate

Yes, we may just build out a Wordpress site and use the reseller API / good point. 

Thanks!

Dave