cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

SQL backup

Hello all, 

I am trying to make a back up of mySQL databases, but some of them keep failing. I am using the backup option via admin page. 

Hosting>Mysql>DB select>backup. 

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Solution

Re: SQL backup

Hi @zqadir,

'Using the backup option via admin.........' eeeew! Just export it to a something_something.sql file. Download. Done!

Highlighted
New

that makes sense, but you will have to bear with me and  a bit more specific on how to do exactly this 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @zqadir,

In phpMyAdmin there is a choice to export or import to a file. Use the export where I'm sure you will get a choice of an '.sql' file (name it something recognisable and meaningful, this is the normal choice), or a  '.csv' (comma separated values file). The '.csv' file is used with spreadsheet software, the other you know. I'm sure phpMyAdmin will place the file in your download folder, that's why the importance of giving it a name that makes sense.

Export it as many times as you like, whenever. Import is just a reversal and will even recreate your database tables for you. Keep your backups safe and date them in a folder perhaps.

How to automatically backup MS SQL Databases?

I'm aware that the Site Backup only supports Mysql dbs. Also, know that if you manually backup a db and create a scheduled backup through the Backup Manager it only includes manually backedup dbs.

Is there any other alternative for automated backups for MS SQL dbs? I have a few dbs, at the moment, but in due time there will be many more and I would prefer not to have to manually back them up.

Re: How to automatically backup MS SQL Databases?

Have you find any solution to backup MS SQL server 2012 in VPS? 

Ha! Too late. Read this after I started a backup via admin and now, over 24 hours later, am still seeing "Pending Backup". How can I stop it? I swear I will export it next time as.sql file.

Jeez.

you can do via SQL server 

Re: How to automatically backup MS SQL Databases?

how   to backup database ms sql server and download  at my hard disk