cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

SSL renewal in account I can't access.

Hey all,

I'm having a unique issue that the reps at Godaddy can't seem to resolve.

A charge was made on my Paypal account for an auto-renewal of a security certificate. Yet, the certificate is not in my main account. I suspect that the renewal was for an older client account that still has my paypal info.

I never received an email receipt from Godaddy. There's no helpful information in the Paypal notification. The two reps I spoke with can't seem to track down any identifying info using the transaction ID or the Invoice ID from Paypal. 

So neither I nor GD can seem to find out on what account the renewed certificate went to.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Any helpful advice?

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II

@Pbase 

Any idea what website the SSL was for? No identifying info at all? Because the GoDaddy rep wouldn't be able to do anything even if you knew what account it was in without the security information to access said account. You'd have to figure out which old client's account it's on, contact them, and try to call in together to get it sorted. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Hi @Pbase,

Welcome to the Community!

If you know the domain name on the SSL, and had at one time managed the account, you may be able to provide that domain name to a customer support agent to locate and validate the account. You may wish to check your email spam folder for the receipt on the renewal, however if your client's email was on the account, it would go to them.

While an agent can't help you using the PayPal receipt, the Billing department has additional tools to search for the charge. You can either contact them directly at 480-505-8855, or ask a representative to transfer you to that department for review. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support