cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
youdar
New

Site are down for days

I was encouraged to upgrade my web-hosting to cPanel, after doing so it appears that the GoDaddy definitions of upgrade is actually manual migrate by the customer of all sites from the old service to the new.
On top of that GoDaaddy were unable to remove the domains from the old web-hosting in 4 days (still on going), so all the sites are down for 4 days so far, and I am also unable to move them to other web-hosting services, if I chose to do so until unspecified time in the future when they be able to remove the sites from the old service.
GoDaddy would not provide any meaningful help other then "don't worry our team is working on it"

Did anyone else had similar experience?
Is there legal path to ask for damages?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SG4101
Employee

Hello @youdar and thank you for being a part of the Community!

First off, I apologize for the delay you are experiencing and I do want to assist you as best as I can.

GoDaddy is making improvements and upgrades to their systems that will keep GoDaddy customers websites up and running. Unfortunately, the work being done is taking longer than anticipated.

You had mentioned that it was recommended to host your site using cPanel, were you offered the option to pay for GoDaddy to complete the migration? Were you using a legacy hosting plan previously? Was your site custom built with code or do you use a CMS like WordPress?

In regards to your legal question, I have zero experience as a lawyer but was able to locate GoDaddy's Legal Agreements & Policies Page. I hope the link is a little helpful with your legal question.

Again I do apologize for the delayed response and hope you have a wonderful weekend 😁.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SG4101
Employee

Hello @youdar and thank you for being a part of the Community!

First off, I apologize for the delay you are experiencing and I do want to assist you as best as I can.

GoDaddy is making improvements and upgrades to their systems that will keep GoDaddy customers websites up and running. Unfortunately, the work being done is taking longer than anticipated.

You had mentioned that it was recommended to host your site using cPanel, were you offered the option to pay for GoDaddy to complete the migration? Were you using a legacy hosting plan previously? Was your site custom built with code or do you use a CMS like WordPress?

In regards to your legal question, I have zero experience as a lawyer but was able to locate GoDaddy's Legal Agreements & Policies Page. I hope the link is a little helpful with your legal question.

Again I do apologize for the delayed response and hope you have a wonderful weekend 😁.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post