cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site going down frequently

My site www.sheba.xyz is getting down at every two days. I am using godaddy asia server. Can anyone help us to identify the root-cause ...

12 REPLIES 12
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Re: Site getting down frequently

@aihalim sounds like it could be a thousand things? Do you have any specific symptoms or maybe some error logs, traffic reports, website configuration details...

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Highlighted

Re: Site getting down frequently- similar issue

Same issue. Although the status of my site http://fidemihi.com on godaddy says its up and runnig, I cannot load it in my browser or the wordpress admin panel. I am using asia server. This is really bad since last few days. At first I thought it is some kind of downtime, but now it is becoming more and more frequent.

Websites repeatedly down.

Howdy

Websites on my host are going down regularly each day.  There are numerous 3 to 5 minute droeoutsr plus regular longer ones. Plus I can only find short times I can access the admin on my WP installs.

IP Address
Dedicated IP Address

Just a small sample ...
Your total downtime was 23 mins, but your site was up again as of Saturday, November 26, 7:01 pm.
Your total downtime was 8 mins, but your site was up again as of Saturday, November 26, 9:56 am.
Your total downtime was 6 mins, but your site was up again as of Thursday, November 24, 3:11 pm.

Your total downtime was 17 mins, but your site was up again as of Wednesday, November 23, 4:51 am.

Your total downtime was 2 hours, but your site was up again as of Tuesday, November 22, 8:44 pm.

Your total downtime was 4 hours, but your site was up again as of Wednesday, November 23, 10:11 am.

Your total downtime was 12 mins, but your site was up again as of Wednesday, November 23, 6:31 pm.
Your total downtime was 13 mins, but your site was up again as of Wednesday, November 23, 9:46 pm.

Your total downtime was 2 hours, but your site was up again as of Thursday, November 24, 3:41 am.

We’re following up on the recent Jetpack Monitor alert we sent. It appears that your site http://reallysimplesails.com is still down, and has been for 1 hour.

Just now - We’re following up on the recent Jetpack Monitor alert we sent. It appears that your site http://opengoose.com is still down, and has been for 1 hour.

We’re following up on the recent Jetpack Monitor alert we sent. It appears that your site http://reallysimplesails.com is still down, and has been for 1 hour.

Thanks for your help. Can't access Chat (it never seems to be available on your website) and my mobile calls to the Philippines help centre eat up massive credit and drop out before I can reach them. Wish there was an email support option.

Michael Storer

Re: Websites repeatedly down.

Same issue here.  Having a wave of website down then back up for a couple of days then OK for a couple of weeks then it repeats.  Very poor response time by tech support (40 mins wait, 29 mins wait).

What is going on GoDaddy?  

Hey @GCenturio

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're encountering with your sites. Were you able to get through to our live support so our hosting team could help evaluate what was happening? 

If there was a specific error message being generated each time your sites were experiencing an issue, perhaps you could shared the error message generated? It's possible some of our hosting savvy members recognize the error and know an easy work around to correct it. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Hi CG,

Had numerous attempts to call the local helpdesk. But phones being what they are in the Philippines the line has been breaking off before getting a human on the other end or I run out of credit waiting.

I'm sure it would be easy to fix if I was back home in Australia.

Any ideas ... I quoted my IP and Private IP in my original message as I saw they were requested in other cases.

Cheers if you can help in some way.

MIK

same happening to me.  Plesk reports the site is up, but the management tool wont even load.  Obviously the site isn't loading either.  I noticed this seems to happen in the evening.  I live in the NY time zone.  It's happened several times to me so far.  Last time I called godaddy, they said they needed to reboot the server.  What the heck kind of fix is that? Temporary at best.  Looks like it's time to find another web host.

It's happened to me the last 2 days and cannot even access CPanel. No support and zero response. Time to swap web hosts. Even when it is up the server load averages are off the scale!

New

I think I am going to do the same.

I go a while and everything is fine - but then it all starts to fail. I keep everything updated and more or less the same. Most sites are WP and we keep those updated. Planned obsolescence maybe...

Might keep the domains here but Host with a VPS elsewhere.

Re: Site going down frequently

I am worried that my domain www.onlinebanglanewspaperlist.com goes offline many more time. So plz give me suggestion to recovery this

New

Re: Site going down frequently

My sites have been crashing frequently over the past two day's, I just keep receiving the message 'this site can't be reached'. I would really like to know what the issue is and when it will be resolved.

Website is up and down

Okay, so I made a bit of a mistake! I bought a new domain on the same hosting (goddaddy) as I was thinking of migrating to another URL. Looked at the redirect settings and selected it to see how it worked. Oops! Since there is not wordpress installed on that domain yet, obviously it went to a blank screen. I removed the redirect, but it kept redirecting for a a while after... 

During that "confusion" I went to the DNS hosting and looked around.  I did click on change namerver but I do not remember actually changing it!

It is still on ns75.domaincontrol.com and ns76.domaincontrol.com

My site has been constantly up and down since 2 days ago. It's been around 48 hours now. If I use a VPN I can get access from another country... But then sometimes it will work in my country (UK).

Everything seems to be back where it was, so what is the problem?  Is it normal for website to go up and down during propagation?

Hope someone can help?

Thanks!