Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, August 4th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
b40ss
New

Site keeps getting hacked by Pharma ads on google. How to switch to my cpanel hosting?

My wordpress site is being ran on PHP like 5.1 or something because it's on the old web hosting and it can't use higher PHP.

I notice I also have a cpanel option, but the domain is dev.mydomain.com

ie in the picture:

b40screen.png

How can I go about switching to using Cpanel since it has proper PHP version?  I backed up all the files on my FTP and downloaded my databases.  Would I basically change the domain off web hosting to something else and change linux hosting to my actual domain?  And then use the FTP files and databases to restore it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PL281
Super User IV

@b40ss 

So there are 2 approaches you can take 

1) Just move all the files which is the WordPress install as well  (wp-admin, wp-includes, wp-content, etc. ......)

2) Just move the wp-content and wp-config.php folders and download / extract a clean version of the Core WordPress files

I would also suggest running WordFence and doing a scan of the site once you've got it moved

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PL281
Super User IV

@b40ss 

Yes you will need to export the database and then recreate it on the cPanel account - then move the files as well.

You may need to get with GoDaddy support to "disconnect" the domain from the older hosting account

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Thanks for the response.

So do I have to ''install wordpress'' on this other hosting?  Or does simply recreating the DB on the new hosting and moving the files essentially 'install it' as opposed to normal installation methods?

PL281
Super User IV

@b40ss 

So there are 2 approaches you can take 

1) Just move all the files which is the WordPress install as well  (wp-admin, wp-includes, wp-content, etc. ......)

2) Just move the wp-content and wp-config.php folders and download / extract a clean version of the Core WordPress files

I would also suggest running WordFence and doing a scan of the site once you've got it moved

View solution in original post