cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stubborn FTP Problem - Support No Help

So all of a sudden my FTP times out without connecting.

I use Dreamweaver for all my sites. I also host at HostGator and Softlayer. Those two still connect fine with Dreamweaver. I downloaded Filezilla, same thing. GoDaddy doesn't work, The other two do. I would guess that rules out DW, my firewall, and my router. Filezilla gives a little more detail and says "Connection established, waiting for welcome message..." before timing out.

I can ping the IP with no issues.

Triple checked ftp user names and passwords, even created a new one from scratch. I've tried the domain name with and without ftp., I've tried the IP address. I've toggled passive FTP. I've toggle Ipv6.

I waited 35 minutes for a call back to have support tell me that my site isn't hosted at GD which is hogwash. I told him I've been using the GoDaddy File Manager to edit files and he said "Is there anything else I can help you with today?"

Wow.

Anyone have any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Stubborn FTP Problem - Support No Help

Hi,

Have you given thought to your broadband speed and connection? 

As you are familiar with 'ping' perhaps you could try uploading by ftp on the command line. See if it makes a difference.?

Re: Stubborn FTP Problem - Support No Help

Have you given thought to your broadband speed and connection?

75mbps up and down, not the issue.

http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/uploaded/bobby131313/20170124_5995167582.jpg

As you are familiar with 'ping' perhaps you could try uploading by ftp on the command line.

Sorry, never heard of that.