cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Transfer Hosting Account to Another GoDaddy Client

Hello,

I have a wordpress site on shared hosting that I want to sell. Both the domain and hosting are with Godaddy. If I were to sell the site to someone who has a Godaddy account, would I be able to 'push' the domain to their account and then just transfer the hosting account to them without having to move any files?

The site is way too large to move. I'm hoping I can just have the hosting switched from my name/my account over to theirs. Its paid for a year.
1 REPLY 1
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: Transfer Hosting Account to Another GoDaddy Client

@leogirl wrote:
Hello,

I have a wordpress site on shared hosting that I want to sell. Both the domain and hosting are with Godaddy. If I were to sell the site to someone who has a Godaddy account, would I be able to 'push' the domain to their account and then just transfer the hosting account to them without having to move any files?

The site is way too large to move. I'm hoping I can just have the hosting switched from my name/my account over to theirs. Its paid for a year.

@leogirl There is no way to "transfer" hosting to another account but you can transfer the actual site. There is a built in "import/export" function in wordpress so that would be your best bet. Once its sold you can "push" the domain to their account and have them purchase a hosting plan and add wordpress, then you would export the site on your end, you would give them the file and the would then import it through their wordpress framework.

----