cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
nvg
New

Two websites deleted, GoDaddy says must pay to restore.

I had my sites hosted (2 different Website) and due to an error from GoDaddy consultant, both my sites have now been deleted.

First I was assured that the site will be back up from the servers in 7 Days, nothing was reported to be done and when I called the works started to restoration, with nothing returned. 

my Fault, i had no backups, solutions offered by GoDaddy - we will give you a discount to build a new site with GoDaddy professional team to build a new site again.

UNFAIR !!!!

2 sites for businesses that have been running for over 10 years have no sites and clients and contacts are questioning the credibility , authenticity etc.and all GoDaddy has to offer is discount!

So I paid to get the site built, then i pay them to host it and then they delete the hosing so I can pay them more to build the same site again! That as per them is fair as i will have a brand new site from their professional team (who screwed it up for me in the first place)

I requested repeatedly to build 1 site instead of 2 so I can redirect domains to have a presence and have something which was directed to a discount as they cannot do nothing for nothing. I requested to know if their is a complaints team that i can reach out to voice this issue and was shot down saying I am speaking to a supervisor who the max that I can go to for this concern as this is what they do in such situations (Which makes me questions how many times it has happened and to how many people). To this i was advised that GoDaddy has 19 Mil customers so some may have had such experience which is unfair again as something like this happening to 1 is more that enough for company to change its practices.

Can someone please tell me what can be done from here as I do not want to keep paying to build the sites again (not at all to GoDaddy!!)

Please assist!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MrVapor
Super User 2020

@nvg 

That sounds like a tough situation.

Honestly, the only options you really have are to continue working with GoDaddy to see if they can help or rebuild your own website if you don't want to pay anyone else to do it.

Here on the forums, we won't be able to resolve your situation as most of us are volunteers. As far as I know, the employees that work the board don't work in that department, so even they'd have to refer you elsewhere.

I hope you find a solution that works for you. A good rule of thumb is to always maintain your own backup of your website for just this situation.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MrVapor
Super User 2020

@nvg 

That sounds like a tough situation.

Honestly, the only options you really have are to continue working with GoDaddy to see if they can help or rebuild your own website if you don't want to pay anyone else to do it.

Here on the forums, we won't be able to resolve your situation as most of us are volunteers. As far as I know, the employees that work the board don't work in that department, so even they'd have to refer you elsewhere.

I hope you find a solution that works for you. A good rule of thumb is to always maintain your own backup of your website for just this situation.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

nvg
New

I have not accepted this as a solution and not sure if the GoDaddy community admin changes responses to Solutions.

Very DISAPPOINTED WITH GODADDY!!