cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to FTP

Hello. I am unable to connect to FTP.

I have connected earlier and uploaded my website but when I try now. I keep getting various errors, from 421 to this one : "Operation timed out (Read failed). The connection attempt was rejected. The server may be down, or your network may not be properly configured."

Can you please help? I am going nuts. Chat is offline.

5 REPLIES 5
Helper V

Try to ping your server IP first and check your network connection. At least 512 kbps must be allowed for the FTP to work. Cross-check the server's FTP details or reset the password once.

Please give it a +1 and also click "Mark As Accepted Solution" if you find it satisfactory. Thanking You With Regards | Harry Parmar

Hi,

I have a similar problem. I tried connecting via filezilla and cyberduck and i get the following message:

FTP response 421 received.  Server closed connection. The connection attempt was rejected. The server may be down, or your network may not be properly configured.

What should I do?

P

Yes godaddy suck. I get all sorts of errors on both hosting accounts and NO SUPPORT. I am moving both

It sucks!!! same problem here!!! Did you manage to access your files?

Helper IV

To log in through FTP (FileZilla).  You should know the primary credentials of your web hosting.  Follow the video tutorial below.

https://youtu.be/J2ai0HvMVd8

Thank You.