cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
raberana
Getting Started

Unannounced downtimes

This is the second time that there is an unannounced downtime. Support told me that a "mitigation" operation occurred (still ongoing from JUL 21, around 12PM SGT) to fix a security issue. It is frustrating to always know about these operations happening only after contacting support.
Also, the status page does not reflect this kind of operations.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JesseW
Community Manager

I do understand your frustration and thank you for your feedback @raberana. I agree that sending an email would be a simple solution. Unfortunately, simple solutions are not always simple or easy to implement. We will continue to work on better communication. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
raberana
Getting Started

After 10 hrs, my site is still inaccessible. 

ObYzZQI

JesseW
Community Manager

Hi @raberana. Thanks for posting. What you've described sounds like an unplanned outage. That's disappointing and unfortunate, and I can understand your frustration. However, as an issue like this is not planned in advanced, it would be difficult to give notice about it ahead of time. However, we are looking at better ways to communicate down time to customers. The Status page more reflects broad system issues that would affect most customers. Sorry for any confusion. Thank you for your feedback. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.

Alright, but a simple email that says that my site is down and you are currently fixing it wouldn’t hurt right? In that way, your customers could have done something in order to mitigate its impact.
That unplanned maintenance operation would have been acceptable if it was communicated properly even if the operation is already in progress.
What’s frustrating is that this happened for the second time now with no acknowledgement at all from GoDaddy. And that is a bad customer experience because it lessens the trust.
JesseW
Community Manager

I do understand your frustration and thank you for your feedback @raberana. I agree that sending an email would be a simple solution. Unfortunately, simple solutions are not always simple or easy to implement. We will continue to work on better communication. 

View solution in original post