cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Upgraded from Ultimate web hosting to Business Prime and now SQL Server keeps shutting down

Was told by GoDaddy that I had to upgrade my hosting (has 230,000 files). I upgraded as suggested and for 1 maybe 2 days everything was fine. Yesterday starting having connection errors, today SQL Server keeps shutting down.

GoDaddy said I needed to update wordpress on all of my sites, that even though they ran fine under the less expensive plan, they could not run on this server without being brought up to version 4.9

But since SQL Server keeps going down, it is impossible to upgrade. So, now they are saying I need to upgrade hosting to VPS hosting. Which means moving 20 sites again and resetting DNS and no way to know if that will be a viable solution.

Hoping someone has had similar experience and knows a way to get my sites back online before I loose too much more $$$ or clients.

6 REPLIES 6
Employee
Employee

Re: Upgraded from Ultimate web hosting to Business Prime and now SQL Server keeps shutting down

The main difference between shared cPanel and Business Hosting is dedicated resources. MySQL has to run in the same ram as the webserver, and Prime has 1GB. You should have been recommended Premium Business hosting based on having multiple sites, and you shouldn't let anyone talk you into a VPS unless you know how to run a server yourself.

You have a couple of paths forward. The first is to reduce load on your hosting. Rename folders to take sites down, then one at a time activate sites, and make sure there's a caching solution installed. I'd recommend activating APCu and opcache in the select php version menu of cPanel, and the plugin W3 total cache with page cache set to disk enhanced, and database and object cache set to alternative php cache. Leave the other ones alone.

If the issue persists, the second path is to upgrade to Premium.

Re: Upgraded from Ultimate web hosting to Business Prime and now SQL Server keeps shutting down

Sounds like a plan but even after renaming folders (which took forever since I kept getting kicked off the server) still running into issue simply getting cpanel to load. 

Did notice that what migrated as well to the new server was PHP native (5.4) ... which carries this message: 

Warning: Changing php modules and php options via PHP Selector for native php version is impossible

And every few minutes cpanel turns into this message::

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000271 EndHTML:000001160 StartFragment:000000798 EndFragment:000001128 StartSelection:000000798 EndSelection:000001118 SourceURL:https://p3plvcpnl29683.prod.phx3.secureserver.net:2083/cpsess5923539253/frontend/gl_paper_lantern/in... Internal Server Error Internal Server Error

No response from subprocess (cpanel (cpanel)): The subprocess ended prematurely because it received the “KILL” (9) signal.

cpsrvd/11.62.0.20 Server at p3plvcpnl29683.prod.phx3.secureserver.net

and getting this error message:

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000280 EndHTML:000012016 StartFragment:000011415 EndFragment:000011972 StartSelection:000011439 EndSelection:000011966 SourceURL:https://p3plvcpnl29683.prod.phx3.secureserver.net:2083/cpsess5923539253/frontend/gl_paper_lantern/sq... - phpMyAdmin

phpMyAdmin
The system will redirect you in a moment. Error while connecting to MySQL: (XID t7uv44) Database Connect Error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) Error while connecting to MySQL: (XID t7uv44) Database Connect Error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mysql.pm line 173.
Employee
Employee

No response from subprocess (cpanel (cpanel)): The subprocess ended prematurely because it received the “KILL” (9) signal.

The above is another symptom of running out of RAM. 

As for the PHP version, does it allow you to change it? The recommended version is 7.0 for wordpress, or 5.6 if that causes any compatibility issues. 7 uses less memory than the 5 series.

Employee
Employee

Honestly I think you should upgrade to Premium even if you can optimize. 1gb RAM is enough for one static site when you're on dedicated resources, you need more.

I'm also concerned about what's overloading things if you've got folders renamed. Even if it's malware that should've given you a temporary reprieve. Are there a lot of processes running in the php processes menu?

Solution

A different set of technicians worked on it this morning and everything is running fine (and they did not say anything about the WordPress versions) but they never told me what they did ...

Should not be anything running unless someone is on a site, as far as I know. 

Thank you for all of your input. Hopefully everything will remain stable.