cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Uploaded Links/Pages Not Working With Secondary Domain, But Do Work With Primary Domain

So, I've added my secondary site as a "Hosted Domain" and I've added it's main folder, however, whatever files I added to it goes to a URL shortening page rather than the correct page.

When the link is applied with the primary domain, it works. When I change to the secondary domain as the URL, it doesn't work.

So, my original domain works:

www.PRIMARYDOMAIN.com/School/...

The secondary one does not:

www.SECONDARYDOMAIN.com/School...

I have added www.SECONDARYDOMAIN.com as a "Hosted Domain" and I have added "School" as the folder for it.

I have tried the domain with both URLs, only the PRIMARY works. I've tried the SECONDARY domain without the "School" word in the URL, that didn't work either.

Please help me.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Uploaded Links/Pages Not Working With Secondary Domain, But Do Work With Primary Domain

Hi @Dankees. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! It's hard to say for sure what's happening. My guess would be that your second domain has our forwarding service on it. If that's the case, you'll want to remove the forwarding. You can do that in the DNS management area of the Domain Control Center. If that doesn't help, please consider sharing the domains in question. That may help others suggest a solution. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.