Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Web hosting plan upgrade gone wrong and seems like I now have 2 hosting plans

Hi Everyone,

I've currently upgraded from a deluxe linux web hosting plan to the Ultimate package but instead of upgrading I now have two web hosting plans and I can't setup the new one due to domain already used from the deluxe web hosting plan? I'm stuck with a new plan and can't do anything about it?

Phone support hadn't been helpful? Please HELP?

Thanks

Shane

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SG4101
Employee

Hello @Shanetaubman and thank you for being a part of the Community!

I do apologize for the delayed response, I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. Reaching out to Hosting Support is the best option to resolve this, the GoDaddy Community consists mostly of end users such as yourself and we have no access to accounts to assist with this.

It sounds like there was a purchase of a new hosting account rather than an upgrade. Did you migrate your site from the old hosting account to the new hosting account?

• If your site still needs to be migrated then you can migrate your site or pay for GoDaddy's Migration Team to complete this for you.
  • If you migrated your site already then you just need to change the primary domain on your old hosting plan to a different domain or a subdomain of your current domain. This should release the domain and you can change the primary domain on your new hosting account to your domain. 

GoDaddy Support still will need to assist with any account related issues and is available 24/7 via phone or chat. Again I apologize for the delayed response and I hope you enjoy your weekend 😁.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SG4101
Employee

Hello @Shanetaubman and thank you for being a part of the Community!

I do apologize for the delayed response, I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. Reaching out to Hosting Support is the best option to resolve this, the GoDaddy Community consists mostly of end users such as yourself and we have no access to accounts to assist with this.

It sounds like there was a purchase of a new hosting account rather than an upgrade. Did you migrate your site from the old hosting account to the new hosting account?

• If your site still needs to be migrated then you can migrate your site or pay for GoDaddy's Migration Team to complete this for you.
  • If you migrated your site already then you just need to change the primary domain on your old hosting plan to a different domain or a subdomain of your current domain. This should release the domain and you can change the primary domain on your new hosting account to your domain. 

GoDaddy Support still will need to assist with any account related issues and is available 24/7 via phone or chat. Again I apologize for the delayed response and I hope you enjoy your weekend 😁.

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post