cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

Web site will not update

I have updated most files on my web site and I have even checked all files in cPanel file manager.  They are all updated.  Yet, the hosted web site is not displaying a single change when connecting to the site via a browser.

I have tried multiple machines and multiple browsers, it is not a aching issue.

What am I doing wrong?  Am I missing the "publish" button?

8 REPLIES 8
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Web site will not update

@MrPKI 

What is your domain and can you let us know an example of something you changed so we can see - also can you send a screen capture of some of the files on your server

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

New

Here is my site with an example page that has been updated:  http://www.crosspropertyinvestments.com/partners.htm

site.JPG

Super User III
Super User III

@MrPKI 

Can you add today's date to the "Page begin updated" - Or can make a copy of the and do that with a new title

Even put a comment into the code to say last updated - Also just to confirm your server ip is 107.180.43.3

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

New

I updated the text on the page as well as added a comment in the code.

Confirmed that is the correct server IP.

Super User III
Super User III

@MrPKI 

Very strange I'm not seeing the code updated either... from looking at the source code I see (or it appears) like you are using DreamWeaver templates.... How are you "publishing" the site - via DreamWeaver or via manual upload of the files and did you edit the file locally on your machine or on the server.

Right now the only thing I can think of is that there is something in DreamWeaver where it isn't saving the site and although you've uploaded the files and the timestamp is updated it is still the same version.

One thing to check would be if you do "view" or "edit" from within cPanel file manager, make sure you see your edits in the source code

Also if you rename the file but go to the original file name is it still loading??

Just guessing a little bit as to the specific cause here

New

I using Microsoft Expression Web 4.

I have tried editing the files locally as well as editing the files locally on the server.  The edits are all there, but they are not being served from the site.

I just checked cPanel file manager and used edit and confirmed all the changes are there on the file.  I also confirmed another edit and save using cPanel file manager edit and it still does not pick up the new content.

Is there a way to reboot or restart the instance?

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@MrPKI 

There is not a way to "reboot" or "restart"

What if you add a file  mytestfile.php 

and add the following code

<?php
phpinfo();

?>

Then go to http://www.crosspropertyinvestments.com/mytestfile.php

If it doesn't load then I would make sure you are in the public_html folder (or which every folder you have the domain pointed to) that's the only thing I can think of at this point that would cause your latest version not to show

New

Score!

The publishing settings was not putting the files in public_html folder!

Working now!

You rock!