cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Website Redirecting help needed!!!

My original company website was set up through Comcast using CM4all Website Creator. Now I am using GoDaddy for the company website. Is there any way I can set up a redirect? So that if anyone goes to the old url or web address, they will automatically be brought to the new website. If anyone has any information to help me, it is greatly welcomed!

5 REPLIES 5
New

Re: Website Redirecting help needed!!!

In order to help you I think we'll need some more information. What is the address that used to be your website? And where do you want it to redirect to?

The old website address is http://www.garybreckleyassociates.comcastbiz.net/

Our new website address is http://www.gbreckley.com/

We want to redirect from the old address to the new address.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @GWBWebSite1234

They way forward here would depend on what kind of access you have to your previous host. If you have FTP access (or some other way to get at your website files) you should be able to set up a redirect by either using a .htaccess file or updating your sites index file with a meta refresh. The meta refresh redirect is a little easier, so give that a try first. Take a look at this Media Temple help article for more information on how to do that. 

Also, I have moved your site to the Building and Managing a Website board as that is more relevant to what you'd be doing here. 

If anyone else in the Community can chime in with other methods, that would be great!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I want to redirect my desktop website to my mobile web site I have Duda for the mobile web site