cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Website not working on 4g and home network

Hi, 

I have a website hosted on a Godaddy server + Godaddy domain that everyone can access...except me. It is actually not accessible from home, and not accessible either when I use my 4g on my iPhone. You will probably able to access it: link (it is a maintenance page).

However when I called Godaddy support, everything was fine on their side.

I can easily access it from work, or even when I use a VPN conneted to any server. 

But when I try from home or 4g I get this message:

This site can't be reached.

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Of course I cleared all my browser data, history, cache etc. Still doesn't work. I found this situation quite weird.

Does anyone have already had this kind of issue?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Website not working on 4g and home network

@charlevy 

Actually the issue appears to be that somehow the domain DNS is not showing up.

I see it is set to the GoDaddy DNS but it isn't resolving - I had this issue once on a domain, I had to go to manage DNS and then to name servers and click change / save (as default) and it resaved the zone file correctly and the site came online

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Super User I
Super User I

Hello @charlevy and thank you for reaching out to the community. 

I'm in the U.S. and unable to reach your website. Click here to see screenshot. 

May I ask what GoDaddy hosting product you are using for your website? 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***
Super User II
Super User II

Hello 

Zulfiqar Anees | GoDaddy Pro | Founder/CEO at FastTech Media, TechMag, and ZulWeb.

Hi @PL281 

Yes I already tried this but still have the issue - let me try again and see how it goes.

Hi @davisdre317 
Thanks for the feedback - I'm using the Deluxe Plan web hosting. Could it be the problem?

Hi @ZulWeb 
A couple of question:

Super User II
Super User II

Hi,  Follow these settings.

• Right-click on the network icon in your Task bar and click Open Network and Sharing Center.
  • Click your network connections.
  • Click Properties.
  • Double-click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
    Enter this Google public DNS server address:

use the following DNS server addresses in IPv4 settings

• Tick on Validate settings upon exit. Then click OK.
  • Go to the website again to see if it works.
Zulfiqar Anees | GoDaddy Pro | Founder/CEO at FastTech Media, TechMag, and ZulWeb.
Super User III
Super User III

@charlevy

I really think that you need to call GoDaddy. As the it appears the zone file is not accessible for skuar.com

If you were the only one having this issue I would point to a local issue as @ZulWeb has suggested

I am seeing the same thing you are. When you speak to support I would ask them to perform a zone file refresh. This should resync your zone file with the dns

The issue is that although your website is setup for the Godaddy name severs. That information is not being passed along to the internet.

https://dnschecker.org/#NS/skuar.com

Before this actually had ns06

So you might just need to give it a little bit longer to update

Otherwise the zone file refresh should fix it

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @charlevy. Thanks for posting. In looking at your domain's DNS, I can see that your nameservers are appearing in some places but not others. Whenever I see this happen, it usually means that there are DS records associated with your domain. You likely had this record when you had custom nameservers. Our nameservers don't support this record type, so it causes issues when they are left in place. If you delete the DS Record, your nameservers should propagate correctly. You can do this by accessing your domain's settings in the Domain Manager, clicking Manage DNS, then DNSSEC. Click the edit icon next to the DS record, then the trash can icon to delete it. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Hi @JesseW 
I followed what you recommended and I think it worked.

I still have some trouble here at my place to access it but it might be local as it is accessible everywhere else.

Thanks!