Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Nubiesan
Getting Started

What's Included in Ultimate Plan?

According to the promotional material, an SSL certificate is included for the life of the hosting.

Guess what -- my hosting plan is in the third year of the three year plan, and the certificate has not been included for the past two years.

Ultimate

Add online marketing with more storage and security.

$12.99 /mo

With a 3-yr term (35% savings)

$19.99/mo when you renew 4

Add to Cart
  • Included Free with all annual (or longer term) plans:
  • SSL Certificate for duration of hosting* ($94.99/yr value)
  • Domain ($11.99/yr value)
  • Business email ($23.88/yr value) - 1st year

• Included with Ultimate:
  • Unlimited storage
  • Unlimited visitors
  • Website backup protection with 1-click restore
  • Automatic daily malware scans
  • SEO optimizer
  • 1-click testing site
  • Unlimited malware removal and hack repair

This is what the SSL popup says:

An SSL certificate is included free for the life of the hosting plan. Our hassle-free certificates are automatically installed, validated and renewed. The strong 2048-bit encryption will ensure all transactions are secure.

So, why did my certificate expire and why did I have to pay for this?

In case you're wondering why I am posting here, it's because the chat has been loading for the past four days and I want a paper trail, hence no phone call.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PL281
Super User IV

@Nubiesan 

The SSL certificate has been included with the Ultimate plans for some time - I don't recall when they were added - but as I recall - all you had to do to "add it" was to toggle the domain from the live domain to the myftpupload.com and then back and the system would do the auto install

If you have purchased certificates this certificate does not show with those as it's managed via the site itself - also if you had a paid certificate it doesn't auto switch to the free included one (in my experience)

As we are end users here in the community we can't comment on account specific issues - hence my response was more general - hope this helps - I know you started a 2nd thread about chat - I'll reply over there on that one.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PL281
Super User IV

@Nubiesan 

The SSL certificate has been included with the Ultimate plans for some time - I don't recall when they were added - but as I recall - all you had to do to "add it" was to toggle the domain from the live domain to the myftpupload.com and then back and the system would do the auto install

If you have purchased certificates this certificate does not show with those as it's managed via the site itself - also if you had a paid certificate it doesn't auto switch to the free included one (in my experience)

As we are end users here in the community we can't comment on account specific issues - hence my response was more general - hope this helps - I know you started a 2nd thread about chat - I'll reply over there on that one.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post