cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Where do I find name server details for my domain?

I have both my domain and  Deluxe Linux Hosting with cPanel with godaddy but I don't know the nameserver. I check it on web hosting section. once I click on manage it will send me to cPanle page. Godaddy even didn't send me name server details on my mail.

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: name server

Hi @sherpans,

if you wish to know the current name servers  used for your site, simply do a Whois search. This will tell you. 

Solution

I haven’t pointed my domain to godaddy server then how whois will show my name server? It will show my pervious name server.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @sherpans,

No, not quite. A Whois search will show your current name servers! NOT your previous servers. If what you see you think are your previous servers, then you haven't changed them as thought!!

This is one reason I ask for someone's domain name, to run a simple check.

You did say that both your hosting and domain name were with godaddy. So then, default servers would be used and you wouldn't need to be asking this question. As a simple check on Whois or DNS settings would confirm. 

What is your domain name? I can check for you if you like. Or a chat with support will assist you. 

New

Re: name server - you arent helping us - just show us how to fund the name servers

so why not just explain to us, how to find them. This is the only host I have ever had where they are making it harder to point a domain to this host. 

WHERE IS THE NAME SERVER FOR MY HOSTING PACKAGE - I NEED THESE TO POINT MY DOMAIN TO ITS HOST!!!??

Re: name server - you arent helping us - just show us how to fund the name servers

did you get the answer?

its amazing how they hide the nameservers!

Solution

I had to figure this out myself after moving my hosting from another provider to GoDaddy.

This is the article I found helpful:

https://ca.godaddy.com/help/find-your-websites-nameservers-16140

If GoDaddy is registering your domain as well as hosting your site, you never actually have to know the names of the nameservers GoDaddy might use, you don't plug in the actual names. You just have to change the Nameservers setting to "Default".

cPanel > DNS Manager > (Select the domain if you have more than one) 

Then in the Nameservers section, click "Change". Then instead of "Custom" (where your old nameservers are set up) choose "Default". GoDaddy will auto-populate the nameservers it will use.

thanks for the help posted by Lifenaija.com coded

New

Many thanks Pipercollins. !

And to Godaddy, you should take some random people off the street, and let them try to register a domain name, and set up hosting.

You will learn a lot of your **bleep**ty interface.

Thanks