cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

While downloading files from GoDaddy hosting, file size isn't shown

Hi,

I'm in a weird problem. I have setup my hosting for my domain. I uploaded the files to it and tried to download it using different download managers but the problem is they couldn't retrieve file size although file downloads successfully. File size is important since I will be linking my files in an Android app.

It's happening with all kind of files. I tried Google search but couldn't find anything useful. Someone suggested to use PHP file and pass on content-length headers. But it's not feasible since I have hundreds of files. But since most of other Wordpress websites aren't using any PHP file (and download size is visible) and linking directly like www.domain.com/anyfile.extension, why can't I?

What and where could be the issue?

9 REPLIES 9
Helper VI
Helper VI

Re: While downloading files from GoDaddy hosting, file size isn't shown

Hello @parassidhu

Can you please provide a link to a test file from your hosting?

Smiley Happy

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.

Hi,

I noticed one thing that file size is shown for Images but at least not for files like PDF or zip.

Helper VI
Helper VI

I'm not sure what is the problem but I have an unrelated advice: don't use filenames with spaces, it can generate errors in some situations.

Smiley Happy

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.

Thank you for the reply. In my case, spaces are not making errors as you can check with this URL: www.downloadinformer.com/CDLU/sem1/2015/Al(Dec15).pdf

Please help me solve the problem.  It's important since I have a release of android app next week. There's also a thread here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23517940/size-not-showing-while-downloading-files-from-my-website which also refers to the same condition and his hosting is from GoDaddy.

Helper VI
Helper VI

I'm sorry but I don't know how... on my cPanel hosting I have uploaded your file and it's the same situation...

I can tell you that the problem is not WordPress related, because I've uploaded the file on a domain that has only html pages.

I think I need to reach customer support. I tried reaching some website owners with some different hosting provider and they said they never faced such issue.

Solution

The issue is finally solved. The problem is partial with GoDaddy. They should've modified the file on their own. Check my answer here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23517940/size-not-showing-while-downloading-files-from-my-website

Plez help , im facing the same problem ... can you explain the solution please