cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Why does it take 72 hours for a restore of a file?

Website is down based on "advice" from tech support.  Suggested I pay to have the site restored from a saved backup.  Somehow this is to take 72 hours.   I lose money for every hour that the site is down.  Doesn't appear that this concept makes sense to tech support/customer service.  Anyone have any suggestions on how to get tech support to move faster? All I get from them is the process is the process, advice that turns out to wrong, or it is not their job and they are not allowed to get a supervisor on the line.  HELP!!!!!!!

1 REPLY 1
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Why does it take 72 hours for a restore of a file?

Hey there @Smspersonal 

GoDaddy has somewhere in the neighborhood of 17 million+ customers (not including reseller accounts) and roughly 4K people working there. No, there's no way to decrease that wait time unless all the employees never go home, sleep, eat, have a life, etc.

I would suggest maintaining a website where you can make your own backups so that this doesn't happen in the future. 

Best Regards,

Joe

Check out my site! | My Garage Articles | Portfolio/Resume

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT PROVIDE ANSWERS VIA PM. If you would like personalized help, you can see my pricing on my services page. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!

Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community