cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Why isn't upgrading to PHP 7 free?

I THINK IT WAS BIG MISTAKE TO CHOOSE GODADDY!!!!

I used to be very satisfied with them, after more than 10 years with Godaddy, I'm sick of them always trying to suck more money from clients.

Almost every option you touch is for a fee.

I have hosting package and still have more than 6 months to be renewed, as support chat agent suggest me to upgrade here what he typed:

Because right now we do have a new hosting which cover up to 7.1 php version which covers or handle all plugins and themes update specially it will help on your website performance since t runs now on the new server.

NOT FREE!!!

TO HAVE YOUR PURCHASED HOSTING SUPPORT 7.1 YOU HAVE TO PAY!!!!

Why the f.... you selling me something that to update it I have to pay???

End of my hosting, I'm definitely moving to Hostgator....!

And lately I have issues to install applications, as I see 4 apps already installed on my hosting, next page(app page) I see no apps installed, when I click the MANAGE I get error page.

app4.jpegappnoshow.jpeg400br.jpeg

I HAVE WASTED 4 DAYS NOW AND SAME PROBLEM, YOU CAN NEVER REACH ONLINE CHAT SUPPORT, AND I'M BASED IN ASIA, IT COST A LOTS OF MONEY TO CALL SUPPORT HOTLINE TO US.!!!

JUST SICK OF GODADDY........

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Why isn't upgrading to PHP 7 free?

Hi @CoreyKorhan. That sounds like a very frustrating situation. I think there is a little confusion that I'd like to clear up. 

First, there isn't a fee for upgrading to PHP 7.1. However, this feature is only available on specific plans. In order to gain access to this PHP version, you would need to move to a cPanel or Plesk plan. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to change the type of plan you have into one of those plan types. That would be the only reason for a charge. 

Second, as for managing your apps, you would just need to click the Manage button shown on your second screenshot. If you're receiving the error from your second screenshot when doing that, please try clearing your browser cache. If that doesn't help, you would need to get in touch with our support team for further review. You can reach them 24/7 at any of the numbers listed here. If you don't wish to call, you can reach out to our chat support team. They are available Monday - Friday, 5 am to 6 pm (MST) on the United States - English version of our Help page.

I know this may not help your frustration or change your opinion, but I thought I'd try to shed some light on the subject. Thanks for taking the time to share your issue. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

but isnt that just stupid? every body else is using php7 as is. Even paid ssl , sup with that?! There a websites that give free ssl certificates but you guys know ur a dying breed and want to suck as much money as you want from your remaining customers.

Ive been with godaddy for over 10 years and will be moving away from godaddy once my ultimate hosting expires this year.

For a  users who has been on the old servers for while, then there is a cost for getting PHP 7+. You have to purchase  another plan. Several other hosting firms with automatically move you to an upgraded server letting you have an option of using PHP 7+.  Godaddy keeps nickel and diming it's loyal customers.