cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

can't seem to make changes to my website anymore

I had this crappy company managing my website (gave them login info etc 😞 ) and our contract ended, now I'm just trying to delete their crappy website and make my own, as I should have done from the beginning. Only now, even though I 'reset account' to hopefully delete any files they uploaded with cpanel, when I upload files to my domain I can't find them on the web (404 errors) and the old site done by them still shows up when i type in my domain. I didn't find any redirects but it acts as if instead of using my files in cpanel its redirecting to some other site because I can't change anything. Any help?

3 REPLIES 3
Super User II Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: can't seem to make changes to my website anymore

@dpj

Hmmm...   Did you confirm the DNS is correct for the server you are uploading your files to?  If you've deleted files and upload new files but are still "seeing" the original site, that makes me wonder if the site files are located on another server than the one are working on.

If the DNS is correct and you are in the right server -- then it must be a caching issue.  So clear your browser cache and see if that works.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

New
Solution

It's definitely not a browser cache issue.

I don't know how to confirm the DNS is correct or identify what servers I am using. Truly a newb here.

New

Hrm. I guess maybe it was a cache issue? Seems to be resolved now. Well, thank you for helping out, this case is solved!