Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
saho
Getting Started

emails via a contact form were delayed to receive

Hi,

I have started using my domain on GoDaddy hosting + WordPress. Some of my friends tested my site's contact form if they could send enquiries via a contact form.

I needed to wait a huge time until received.

ie:

Submitted on a contact form: 16:06 on 10-Jul

Received in my mail box: 17:19 on  10-Jul

ie2:

Submitted on a contact form: 20:18 on 9-Jul

Received in my mail box: 7:07 on  10-Jul

Is it normal via relay-hosting.secureserver.net??? Or another way for SMTP is preferable?

Mailtype:PostSMTP

Outgoing server: relay-hosting.secureserver.net

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SG4101
Employee

Hello @saho and thank you for being a part of the Community!

I was able to locate a help guide that includes the settings needed to send form mail using an SMTP server relay.

• If you are hosting your website using Managed WordPress then you would use relay-hosting.secureserver.net unless you use PHP script and the mail() function which is already configured.
  • If you are hosting your website using cPanel(Linux) then you would use localhost unless you use PHP script and the mail() function which is already configured. 

I was also able to locate a GoDaddy Community post with a similar issue and the accepted solution includes code to use the PHP mail() also SMTP.

I hope this helps you in regards to troubleshooting and have a wonderful rest of your week 😁

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SG4101
Employee

Hello @saho and thank you for being a part of the Community!

I was able to locate a help guide that includes the settings needed to send form mail using an SMTP server relay.

• If you are hosting your website using Managed WordPress then you would use relay-hosting.secureserver.net unless you use PHP script and the mail() function which is already configured.
  • If you are hosting your website using cPanel(Linux) then you would use localhost unless you use PHP script and the mail() function which is already configured. 

I was also able to locate a GoDaddy Community post with a similar issue and the accepted solution includes code to use the PHP mail() also SMTP.

I hope this helps you in regards to troubleshooting and have a wonderful rest of your week 😁

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post