Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

filezilla initializing TLS error

filezilla initializing TLS error

using FTP not SFTP

use explicit FTP over TLS if available

all other parameters the same as I have been using for years with no trouble.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: filezilla initializing TLS error

@dclaps 

Based on experience, it's usually something wrong in the configuration of FileZilla. Make sure all the settings are correct there, first. It could also be a permission issue on the server, but you'd have to call in or do live chat to get that diagnosed properly.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New
Solution

Turns out my fileZilla configuration was unchanged - which makes sense since i've had the same settings for years.
The only difference was I neglected to turn off Tunnelblick when I had last remoted into my dayjob.
As soon as the remote was severed, Filezilla worked as expected.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

@dclaps 

Based on experience, it's usually something wrong in the configuration of FileZilla. Make sure all the settings are correct there, first. It could also be a permission issue on the server, but you'd have to call in or do live chat to get that diagnosed properly.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Highlighted
New
Solution

Turns out my fileZilla configuration was unchanged - which makes sense since i've had the same settings for years.
The only difference was I neglected to turn off Tunnelblick when I had last remoted into my dayjob.
As soon as the remote was severed, Filezilla worked as expected.