cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

how to get my hosting credentials

Hi so I'm really wondering where to find my hosting informations. I have my domain with godaddy and i was hosting on godaddy as well, but after it expired, my websiting building company offered free hosting while building it, and they need my hosting credentials. they were building it on there and i'm just wondering where to get that? Please help me.

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III

Re: how to get my hosting credentials

@whehddjs 

I think what they are asking for is your GoDaddy logins to be able to update your DNS - you can if you choose give them your GoDaddy user and password or you can do delegated access

https://www.godaddy.com/help/invite-a-delegate-to-access-my-godaddy-account-12376

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Employee
Employee

Hey Whehddjs, Thanks for being apart of the Godaddy Community!

I understand you are having an issue with locating you credentials for the new web development team.  It does sounds like they just want to host the website, most of the time that just requires you to update your nameserver setting to point over to the new hosting they have with you.  Unless you're attempting to move your domain name to that new hosting company, then you're going to be looking into another avenue.  I would get some clarifying questions answered with the new company and see what they require, then let us know so we can instruct further. 

Good luck!

All the best,
Edward
GoDaddy Hosting Support

This is what they emailed me. Like i said i was hosting with godaddy and i assume they need the data and stuff? Please help

Yes, told them that you were previously hosting with them and ask them to give you the past hosting credentials? Before this you should check your email threads with Go daddy, because I believe they must had provided you with the hosting credentials at the time you got their hosting
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@whehddjs 

1) You said that your hosting with GoDaddy Expired - if they are trying to copy old file from your account, they are gone if the (especially if the account expired more than 30 days ago)

2) If they are willing to host a site for you, all you should have to do is 

a) update the IP address for the domain in the dns

OR 

b) update the DNS settings to use the new person's DNS servers

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community