cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

lost wordpress folders, but i have sql backup - need to find templates and plug-ins

Situation: I only have the SQL backup of an old Wordpress site. Hosting was deleted so I have no copies from the actual folders, but just the SQL backup which I can restore. 

Is there somewhere in the database where I can find what templates and plug ins i had for the site? When I uploaded a plug in and activated it, a list of plug ins referencing their folder name showed up and said they were disabled because they were not available. The problem is that the names are not sufficient to distinguish among the different similar plug ins. Here are some examples:

The plugin wp-db-backup/wp-db-backup.php has been deactivated due to an error: Plugin file does not exist.

The plugin google-analytics-dashboard-for-wp/gadwp.php has been deactivated due to an error: Plugin file does not exist.

1 REPLY 1
New
New
Solution

Re: lost wordpress folders, but i have sql backup - need to find templates and plug-ins

wp-db-backup and google-analytics-dashboard-for-wp are folder names of the plugin, they're usually the name of plugin too (without the dashes). The theme and plugin folders are gone for good if they got deleted and you didn't have a backup.

You can find the active theme name in the wp_options inside of the database, but there are no website files to recover from a database.

One last attempt you could do is call godaddy and see if they have an automated backup they do for disaster recovery, they charge a hefty fee for it and is time sensitive. They offer no guarantees, and the window may have passed, but worth a shot.