cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with script that sends e-mail

we have a form in our website, that sends my to a gmail (custom domain: dangerousmusic.com) account.

the issue is that the e-mail don't get to the e-mail account we set as recipient.

the e-mail is support@dangerousmusic.com. I even added another gmail account, and messages do arrive there, but not to the @dangerousmusic.com one.

I've already called about this and they had me change an MX entry, but that didn't fix the problem.

we tried using PHP's mail() account, and also PHPMailer as e-mail send libraries, but none of those work.

thanks for your help 

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: problems with script that sends e-mail

Hi @dangerousmusic. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! There are a few things you can check in this situation: 

• Add an SPF record to your domain if you don't have one. Mail sent from any of our email servers should have the following SPF record: v=spf1 include:secureserver.net –all. Since you're also using Gmail to send mail, you'll need an SPF record for their servers as well. 
  • Don't use a generic subject. If your email form sends with a subject like "new message" it might be blocked as spam. Changing this to something unique may help. 

If these suggestions don't help and you're not getting a rejection notice from Gmail, you may want to reach out to their support to see if they can help. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.