cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

website down last 8 hrs.

I am trying to get solution for fixing my website which is down from last 8hrs. Godaddy only says they are working on solution. Can someone provide any update on same.

22 REPLIES 22
Super User III
Super User III

Re: website down last 8 hrs.

@joelutico 

We are end users like so we cannot give you a specific answer - if you can provide your domain we can at least take a look and see if we can give you any other information.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Helper I

I tried your site, and it's loading slow also!
https://www.sflwa.net/
This must be effecting everyone?

Yours is taking 13 seconds to load too!
https://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.southfloridawebadvisors.com/K44XsCMa

Hi @joelutico

Welcome to the Community!

The hosting server outage on Thursday was only for a few hours. Our devs worked hard to get everyone back online the same day. In the future, you're welcome to check our operational status at the following address: https://www.godaddy.com/system-status/

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

My website is timing out. This has been going on all week. I need a ticket created to fix this. I've had this site for 4 years hosted with godaddy, and never an issue, and the website hasn't changed. I was told before you had issues with sites running slow and cpanel, but the website is still slow and customers has been calling me all week because they can't load the website and are leaving and I'm losing customers. Please help ESCALATE this for me?

burtmanindustries.com

Super User III
Super User III

@Jackie123 

Thank you for coming back and providing your domain. Thank you also for sending me directly the 2 GTMetrix reports from last week and this week.

I concur with you that today the site is running slow. 1-2s vs 30s+

As a quick follow-up  / FYI,  the Community is not an official GoDaddy support channel (Phone & Chat Support)  but rather a way for end users to connect and help each other. There are GoDaddy employees / moderators that monitor the community.  I have asked them to take a look at your account. 

If you call into support they will more than likely tell you to upgrade the server resources - and this very well maybe the best solution. Generally from a support perspective the answer a large percentage of the time for performance issues is resource upgrades, hence the reason they recommend it.

However, that being said if nothing else changed and all of the sudden you are seeing the performance issues, it could be something with the server your account is on or it could be something else.

For your benefit and others who might be reading this thread a couple of things to look at 

1) Is this a cPanel account or a VPS server (where you can set up cPanel accounts for each client)?

Assuming this is a cPanel account

2) How many sites do you have on the server? 

3) How much memory do you currently have setup on the account and in cpanel what is it showing the resource usage at?

4) cPanel has a log/stats analyzer that allows you to view bandwidth / visits / etc - take a look and see if a folder / file is getting more usages than usual.

Again I want to say this very well maybe an issue with the server itself, and there maybe absolutely nothing wrong with your account, but these are some of the troubleshooting steps to take / look at to see where the issue is.

One further point for right now - While cPanel can / does allow you to host multiple websites / domains in one account, I personally do not recommend it. From a security perspective if one website were to become compromised, all of the sites in your account could now be compromised as everything is under 1 user. 

I suggest either getting 1 cPanel account per client or getting a VPS where you have more control with the server and setting up a separate cPanel user for each client within your server

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Ok, thanks. Now try it. It's super fast now! I was on again with phone support and chat and toggling the php version to a newer version, then going back instantly to the old version it was on, somehow fixed it. Again, changing from older php to a newer, then toggling back to the older version. This instantly made it super fast again. Strange right? But maybe something needed refreshed and that did it? (or, when I was on with chat they said, "I have cleared the caches on the server ") so, one of those things fixed it.....

And you are correct, many times I called in was told I'd need to upgrade to more expensive server which I knew wasn't the reason as this site has been fast for the 4 years I've been on here.

Thank you again, and I've listed the info for you below. Any any other thoughts you may have on how toggling to newer php and then toggling back to same older php version fixed this, are welcome? THis may be a good trick for others too.

Physical Memory Usage
73.3 MB / 512 MB (14.32%)

FTP Accounts
2 / 50 (4%)

MySQL® Databases
1 / 25 (4%)

File Usage
5,015 / 250,000 (2.01%)

Number Of Processes
1 / 115 (0.87%)

Disk Usage
3.82 GB / ∞

MySQL® Disk Usage
19.09 MB / ∞

Bandwidth
3.5 GB / ∞

double post. edited

Solution

double post. edited

Super User III
Super User III

@Jackie123 

Yes this does seem much faster now - it's possible that there was a script or something hanging things up - the stats you posted was that before or after you toggled PHP?

Overall there was nothing that jumped about, however with only 512MB of memory - if you do end up with a runaway script that 100% can cause the slow down. Toggling PHP stops the scripts from running

Glad it is resolved now.

Thank you again. The tests were all done before any toggling was done. When the site was super fast, then all of a sudden went slow sporadically for the past 7-10 days......

Any thoughts on what the one guy in the chat support did with "clearing the cache"? I can't do that myself though....

Super User III
Super User III

@Jackie123 

There are some tools that GoDaddy has from their back side - there could have been something to that as well.

Well, now it's back to slow again to load.... Any ideas???

Super User III
Super User III

@Jackie123 

https://gtmetrix.com/reports/burtmanindustries.com/C3pVw4AS

This shows 12s of load time is "waiting" - meaning waiting for the server to respond - If the site will run on PHP 7.x I would try to switch to that - also I would do a repair on all your database tables as that could be adding to the issue

Well, now I'm kinda at a loss for words. I contacted chat to have them reset the cache, and that didn't fix the speed. I did that, and toggled the php back and forth, and still slow as quick sand. Hmm... I don't get it. All I know is, it's been super sporadic the last 2-3 weeks and was fine for the last 4 years and would load super fast.

Here we go again. Now it's super super fast earlier today it was taking forever, see below. Didn't touch anything... What's going on?

Capture2.PNG

Super User III
Super User III

@Jackie123 

Is this the only site on your cPanel account or do you have others as well. If so what is speed like on them?

This is the only site. THe issue is any site that's connecting to a database, my site is php and mysql database. Something is going on here. Look at my chart. That shows it's not my site, and that something is going on with the server.

Nothing has been changed on the site. One day it's faster than google, then one day 20 seconds to load. 

Super User III
Super User III

@Jackie123 

So a couple of questions 

1) Have you repaired the database just to make sure there isn't a corrupt table

2) Have you checked the logs / stats on the server

1) no, I was told never to do that as it could break the whole website
2) You mean the sessions database? I clear that once every few days. Or do you mean error logs?
3) Try the site now, it's faster than google currently.

Super User III
Super User III

@Jackie123 

I'm surprised you were told repairing the database could break the whole site - this is a common database task and it can help the database run faster

In regards to the logs I am specifically referring to in cPanel there is a stats section it can show you number of visitors / top pages / traffic etc and it has a breakdown by day / week / hour /month as I recall

Ok. yea, I checked the stats etc. This isn't getting hit any different than it was 4 years ago. Stats aren't heavy.

It will go from being fast to turtle slow. That means it's not my site. And the Ram is super low..... What do I tell go daddy when I call? To move my site to a different NODE?

Hi Jackie, 

This does not relate to your direct issue, but GO DADDY needs a ticketing system to manage critical issues such as your.  The best tracking system GO DADDY has is the community forum and this is not even GO DADDY support.   Your issue high-lights this.  

My association web site has been down for 2 months.  They said they created a ticket but never did.  Ever time you contact support via chat or phone, you never really know what person knows about your issue.  Thus, there is no continuity and accountability.