Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

websites and/or landing pages for affiliate marketing

I am new to this.

I am wanting to do affiliate marketing. I want to build a main website for pets. I want to drive traffic to my site to sell affiliate products. That's my concept or my idea.

I want to know if my theory is sound or am I way off the mark. 
Do I try to send traffic to my website and hopefully have people click on sub categories to read the article about the product that will sent them to the affiliate links? or do I write stand alone landing pages that will rank and get traffic that are  going to be on my website but the landing page will have only links to the affiliate and traffic will not be able to access the website.
am I thinking about this all wrong?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Muse
Super User II

@thomasholt 

I just noticed that you haven't received a response yet -- so I'll chime in.  😉

What you want to do is build a hub for your particular niche.  Stand alone web pages will never rank.  Nor do they instill confidence to click on links if folks trip upon you.

=> In order to have a successful affiliate site, you have to have *bunch* of content that aligns with those affiliate links. You want to try to be "THE" site for your niche.  For example, for a pet site, you could be an affiliate of Chewy, Petco -- sites like that.  (Don't know if those companies offer affiliate programs but you get the idea.)   You want to have that synergy.

=> Landing pages all by themselves do not build credibility or garner rankings. But, you can have specific landing pages or cornerstone content within your website for your primary focus content and products that you direct folks to.

You want folks to be able to discover all the other content (and links) on your site if they want to poke around.   Having a great looking, user-friendly website will encourage them to do just that.

Then you offer the ability for visitors to sign-up to be notified of new posts by email so they get a notice of new content (that contains your affiliate links).

The hard part of what you want to do, which applies to the majority of websites in 2020, is that you have to have content that rocks and offers value -- consistently.  Shallow content just to get affiliate links out there will fall flat.

"Pets" is a very saturated market -- as are most topics now -a-days.  So, you want to look for ways to stand apart from all the rest of the other sites already "out there".

You can accomplish that with your design, personality and choosing a niche within the "pets" arena that you can concentrate and excel on.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"Good things happen to those who hustle." ~ Anaïs Nin

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Muse
Super User II

@thomasholt 

I just noticed that you haven't received a response yet -- so I'll chime in.  😉

What you want to do is build a hub for your particular niche.  Stand alone web pages will never rank.  Nor do they instill confidence to click on links if folks trip upon you.

=> In order to have a successful affiliate site, you have to have *bunch* of content that aligns with those affiliate links. You want to try to be "THE" site for your niche.  For example, for a pet site, you could be an affiliate of Chewy, Petco -- sites like that.  (Don't know if those companies offer affiliate programs but you get the idea.)   You want to have that synergy.

=> Landing pages all by themselves do not build credibility or garner rankings. But, you can have specific landing pages or cornerstone content within your website for your primary focus content and products that you direct folks to.

You want folks to be able to discover all the other content (and links) on your site if they want to poke around.   Having a great looking, user-friendly website will encourage them to do just that.

Then you offer the ability for visitors to sign-up to be notified of new posts by email so they get a notice of new content (that contains your affiliate links).

The hard part of what you want to do, which applies to the majority of websites in 2020, is that you have to have content that rocks and offers value -- consistently.  Shallow content just to get affiliate links out there will fall flat.

"Pets" is a very saturated market -- as are most topics now -a-days.  So, you want to look for ways to stand apart from all the rest of the other sites already "out there".

You can accomplish that with your design, personality and choosing a niche within the "pets" arena that you can concentrate and excel on.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"Good things happen to those who hustle." ~ Anaïs Nin

View solution in original post